Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

SOLD: Some Computers

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
madicetea
Sophomore Member

SOLD: Some Computers

#1 Post by madicetea » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:23 pm

This is probably important, so I'll edit my post to make sure it is obvious.

I am not in your country (probably). I live in Tokyo, Japan. I will also ship from here.

Thank you!
----------------------------
T61 - base-system cost $100 + shipping (+ PayPal) Please inspect the images at the imgur album in the end of each listing.
- Screen is Samsung LTN141WD-L01 panel, 1440x900, 16:9 and 14.1"
- Type 7658-A2I, 07/06 sticker date
- Computer comes with a Core 2 Duo T7500 CPU @ 2.2GHz
- Thinklight works, is white.
- Computer itself came with an 120GB HDD that is now wiped and has Windows 10.
- 65W Barrel-type AC adapter with US 2-prong plug. (Free inclusion)
- It should work for Libre/Corebooting, but I won't try to start on understanding it unless you want to pay me an extra $100. I assume if you are interested, you will not want to pay me this and will try it yourself once the laptop has reached you.
- This computer has a Japanese keyboard.
- Has 3.0 GB of memory. (can upgrade to max 8gb for extra $70, as that is the cost for 2x 4GB DDR2 on Amazon Japan)
- Will include 3-cell battery, at the buyer's expense for any customs and shipping charges.
- This computer isn't rated for Hackintoshing past Mac OS X Mountain Lion or El Capitan as it is powered by Intel integrated graphics.
- CMOS battery tested alright.
- Full disclosure: I clean out my computers insides / fans / etc with eco-friendly non-CFC compressed air on a regular basis and use the ASUS ROG Ultra Cool Nano Grease on my CPU installations. I also wipe the outside with a baby-friendly alcohol wipe.

Pictures of T61 (large, large, many images):
https://imgur.com/a/tFVbo0U

----------------------------

T61p - base-system cost $130 + shipping (+ PayPal) Please inspect the images at the imgur album in the end of each listing.
- Screen is LG LP154WU1 (TL)(B1) panel, 1920x1200, 16:10, and 15.4"
- Type 6459-5BJ, 07/10 sticker date
- The price on this entire computer, as configured is meant to match what TuuS charges for his motherboards. Therefore, it is not negotiable downwards.
- Computer itself came with an 120GB HDD that is now wiped and has Windows 10 Pro.
- Computer comes with a Core 2 Duo T7700 CPU.I can consider upgrades to T9xxx CPU, but I'll probably charge for it (ask if interested).
- It will likely work for Corebooting (not Libreboot because NVIDIA drivers), but I won't try to start on understanding it unless you want to pay me an extra $100. I assume if you are interested, you will not want to pay me this and will try it yourself once the laptop has reached you.
- This computer has a Japanese keyboard. I might consider a request to upgrade it to English US keyboard, but this is time consuming for me and will cost you dearly, in both time and money (it is not an easy thing to find in Japan).
- Has 4.0 GB of memory (can upgrade to max 8gb for extra $70, as that is the cost for 2x 4GB DDR2 on Amazon Japan)
- Will include 9-cell 47++ battery at buyer's expense in any customs and shipping charges.
- This computer isn't rated for Hackintoshing past Mac OS X Mountain Lion for Intel Graphics T61 computers, but as this is NVIDIA it may work for even modern versions, e.g. High Sierra.
- Full disclosure: I clean out my computers insides / fans / etc with eco-friendly non-CFC compressed air on a regular basis and use the ASUS ROG Ultra Cool Nano Grease on my CPU installations. I also wipe the outside with a baby-friendly alcohol wipe.

Pictures of T61p (large, large, many images): https://imgur.com/a/7YNiD

-------------------

T60 - base-system cost $90 + shipping (+ PayPal) Please inspect the images at the imgur album in the end of each listing.
- Screen is Samsung LTN141P4-L02 panel, 1440x1050, 4:3, and 14.1"
- Has IBM designation on the sicker
- Type 1954-G2J, 07/01 sticker date
- Computer comes with a Core 2 Duo T5500 CPU - I'll buy and install a T7600 for an extra $40 (if someone else hasn't asked first) and a T5600 for an extra $10 [PRIORITY to anyone who will ask and pay for the T7600 CPU]
- Computer itself came with an 120GB HDD that is now wiped and has Windows 10 Pro. Hardware is registered for future installations, but if you insist on having Linux, perhaps I will ask for extra funds since re-imaging a computer takes a lot of time.
- It should work for Librebooting, but I won't try to start on understanding it unless you want to pay me an extra $100. I assume if you are interested, you will not want to pay me this and will try it yourself once the laptop has reached you.
- This computer has a Japanese keyboard. I might consider a request to upgrade it to English US keyboard, but this is time consuming for me and while complimentary, not pleasant and wins you no points as a buyer.
- Has 1.5 GB of memory (can upgrade to max 3gb for extra $7)
- Will include a battery, but buyer must pay extra shipping charges to move a lithium ion battery internationally, and buyer is responsible for customs fees.
- This computer isn't rated for Hackintoshing past Mac OS X Lion as they are powered by Intel 945GM integrated graphics.
- Full disclosure: I clean out my computers insides / fans / etc with eco-friendly non-CFC compressed air on a regular basis and use the ASUS ROG Ultra Cool Nano Grease on my CPU installations. I also wipe the outside with a baby-friendly alcohol wipes.

Pictures of T60 (large, large, many images): https://imgur.com/a/m32XC7X

*The potential buyer will also agree to allowing me (the original seller) to film the machines for personal use on my YouTube channel before sending them away.

** A note on shipping. Japan has four options for shipping packages internationally. It is hard to estimate cost without knowing the weight first, but the time for each option is as follows.

- By sea - cheapest and takes the longest (maybe a few months), not sure if it has tracking
- By Surface-Air-Land (SAL or Economy Air) - a few months by sea is now about a month by SAL, has tracking
- By Airmail - a couple weeks or less, has tracking
- By EMS - next direct-flight to your nearest international airport, Customs-processing is expedited, ~1 week, most expensive option

I'd prefer payment via PayPal, using option "send money to friends or family".
If option not available, please add 4.5% to cover PayPal fees. [Thanks for the idea RBS.]

I'd be more than happy to swap in a public area near my campus in Tokyo, Japan for local cash, and if necessary, bank transfer may also be discussed.
Last edited by madicetea on Mon May 28, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Greetings from Tokyo,
MadIceTea
, IBM Thinkpad Enthusiast

Daily Driver Thinkpads: X250 16gb, X61 T9300 SXGA+
Under Construction: PC110
Occasional Use: x2001 AFFS i5-530 (in my lab) , piano black s30
For Sale: X250 WXGA LCD w/ Lid; some batteries

madicetea
Sophomore Member

Re: FS: T60, T61, and T61p (updated, some lower prices)

#2 Post by madicetea » Sun May 06, 2018 7:37 pm

Manual bump for modified prices.
Greetings from Tokyo,
MadIceTea

JimInside

#3 Post by JimInside » Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Highly interested for the T61,if possible give me a shipping rate cost :D

madicetea
Sophomore Member

#4 Post by madicetea » Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 pm

JimInside wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 pm
Highly interested for the T60 T61,if possible give me a shipping rate cost :D
YGPM.

Update and edit: Forum member bought T60 and not T61.
Greetings from Tokyo,
MadIceTea