Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

[Long-term] LF: SXGA+ IPS and Daylight LED Mod + Someone to Install for X61 [Japan]

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
madicetea
Sophomore Member

[Long-term] LF: SXGA+ IPS and Daylight LED Mod + Someone to Install for X61 [Japan]

#1 Post by madicetea » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:52 am

I have a T7300 X61 and will soon obtain a T9300 X61. I'm quite excited for this.

It will also give me a burner machine that I can use to have the screen replaced with SXGA+ IPS and Daylight LED mod. If it works, then I will switch that screen with the one on my X61 T9300 and switch face plates and then eventually sell away the lower X61 (probably domestically).

I don't want to consider starting this project that soon, because I really want to focus on thinning out all the computers that I have for sale (that long list in my signature).

However, once that list is thinned down, and I have a bit more cash (read: PayPal credit) on hand, I would like to ask for the mod to be done by someone in this forum.

I have a couple of good looking screens I have seen on Chinese ebay (screen 1 https://i.imgur.com/ytdZU2v.jpg and screen 2 https://i.imgur.com/e6SMhRN.jpg), but I don't have the LCD cable mod, nor xiphmont's daylight LED kit (or any other trusted kit from this community).

Of course, I'd be willing to trade a couple/few computers for this service as well.

Offer stands, as have others on this forum, until it is fulfilled.

Offer can't really be started until about a week and a half from now, when I have my new daily driver T9300 X61.

Thanks in advance!
Greetings from Tokyo,
MadIceTea
, IBM Thinkpad Enthusiast

Daily Driver Thinkpads: X250 16gb, X61 T9500 SXGA+
Under Construction: PC110
Occasional Use: x2001 AFFS i5-530 (in my lab) , piano black s30
For Sale: X250 16gb FHD IPS Japanese kb, X250 WXGA Lid, batteries, DDR2/3 RAM

madicetea
Sophomore Member

Re: [Long-term] LF: SXGA+ IPS and Daylight LED Mod + Someone to Install for X61 [Japan]

#2 Post by madicetea » Thu May 03, 2018 7:46 pm

This was surprisingly short-term of a request. It has been fulfilled!

Wheee! (I'm happy and looking forward to my new computer) - although even for locally, it's coming with Chinese keyboard and Win10 Pro OS... o.o
Greetings from Tokyo,
MadIceTea
, IBM Thinkpad Enthusiast

Daily Driver Thinkpads: X250 16gb, X61 T9500 SXGA+
Under Construction: PC110
Occasional Use: x2001 AFFS i5-530 (in my lab) , piano black s30
For Sale: X250 16gb FHD IPS Japanese kb, X250 WXGA Lid, batteries, DDR2/3 RAM