Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

GONE: X61 with highest spec CPU T9300 (rare, updated)

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
madicetea

GONE: X61 with highest spec CPU T9300 (rare, updated)

#1 Post by madicetea » Fri May 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Those who want X61: I will be selling a heavily modded T9300 and a T7300 X61 in just a couple weeks. They will both come with ultrabase, the T7300 one with a key. Those interested, please standby for the post.

Those who want 4:3 - I have other listings, including one for a T60 4:3.

Those who want good computers and spend a little less - see my T61 and R60e listings.

Those who want more power - See my T61p or X200 listing.

Those who want older systems: See my i-series, 535+535X or 365XD listings.

^above is list of offerings as of 1am JST, 10 May 2018.

Ramblings aside, I have no need for it. I will sell the title and have it (and 4GB DDR2 RAM included within it) sent to the first buyer who wishes to receive it from Japan for the price I think is fair... which, I'm just going to say for this X61 T9300 - US $350 + shipping (which will be from Tokyo, Japan) + 4.5% PayPal fee. [I am located in Tokyo, Japan for reference.] Like RBS I can accept the PayPal from "Friends and Family option" without the 4.5% fee.

Of course, I'm a reasonable person and will take offers, slightly lower and higher for this computer into consideration. Consider it a "or best offer" caveat.

My understanding is that these are rare boards, so that is why the word is in the title. I'm also the kind of person who likes to answer questions as they come, so please inquire a lot in the comments.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/TbDytDy (using Windows 8 Embedded Pro 8.1, Toshiba 80GB HDD as an example)

The machine on offer here IS NOT the IPS LED version. It is a regular XGA-resolution TFT screen.
I can now get as many photos as needed, in either Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro, Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate, or Windows 10 Pro (Japanese or English). [The photos above show Windows 8.1 Embedded Pro in English.]
The computer will come with at least one 8-cell 22++ battery. If international shipping regulation allows, maybe also a 3-cell battery (which is more for looks than battery life).
I can either have it include a 80GB HDD, 512GB HDD (+$20), 1TB HDD (+$30), or 128GB SSD (+$40). The SSD is from a company called KingFast, the HDD is either Toshiba, Western Digital, or Seagate depending on the size.
It will come with a leather fabric case that protects the outside. It makes the computer look quite nice, I think.

Thanks!

Updated 5:30 pm GMT with a modified description for the computer that I have available (the one with me, in Tokyo), updated before 7:10 pm GMT with photos of said computer.
Lowered price of the computer upon friendly advice, to note that there is no IPS LED option for this screen.

Update 2: Sold and confirmed payment remit from a wonderful forum member. Will be shipping tomorrow morning when the Post Office opens!
Last edited by madicetea on Wed May 09, 2018 11:40 am, edited 17 times in total.
MadIceTea, Thinkpad Enthusiast

Daily: X250 FHD
Museum: PC110 20MB, X61 T9300 SXGA+ LED
Donated: x2001 AFFS i5-530 (to my alma matter)
Past: 701Cs German, 535/X, 760E/XL, i-series 12/14xx, piano s30, R60e, X60, X61, T60, T61, X200 P8700, X121e

That chicken sure looks funny.

SKA
Freshman Member

Re: X61 with highest spec CPU T9300 (rare)

#2 Post by SKA » Fri May 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi IceWobs

Based on new photos & revised offer in your post above, have sent you a fresh PM and email,
All the best
Ska