Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: 51nb 'T70' Frankenpad

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
beeble

FS: 51nb 'T70' Frankenpad

#1 Post by beeble » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Hey thinkpadders,

The reddit /r/thinkpadsforsale subreddit recommended I try posting here.

I'm looking to sell my 51nb Thinkpad T70, a custom motherboard in a T60 shell. The hardware in this machine is fantastic, but I'll be honest, this is a project laptop. Driver and firmware support isn't great, this is a laptop for a real enthusiast.

Specs are as follows:

T60 shell with classic US-layout keyboard

Intel i7-7820

32GB RAM

1600x1200 IPS panel (BOE HV150UX1-100)

512GB Samsung NVMe SSD

1TB HGST 7200rpm 2.5" HDD (Don't mind keeping this for a discount if the buyer doesn't want it)

intel Wireless-AC 7260 card

Ports:

VGA (untested)

Gigabit ethernet

Mic + Headphone

Mini-DisplayPort (only tried in Linux, couldn't get drivers working right)

2x USB 3.0

UltraBay HDD caddy w/1TB drive

2x USB 2.0

[Imgur album][https://imgur.com/a/5jNz634]

As you can see the machine is in great condition, but I think I've got a busted plastic clip on the palmrest, which means it can be pulled up (pic included). Screen is in good condition with no dead pixels, and the 9-cell battery is basically new.

As this is basically a project laptop, there is no warranty of any sort and I can't support any issues you might have down the road, just as if you bought it from 51nb. I am currently having some issues with it shutting down when opening the lid rather than waking from sleep, but I believe there is a BIOS update from the LCDFans Facebook page that addresses this and some other power issues. Brightness controls and status lights work

Laptop was bought for around $1700 from LCDFans on Facebook due to the really high spec. Looking for $1400 or best offer, ideally payable in GBP through PayPal but not essential. Machine is located in the UK, happy to include shipping to the UK or ship worldwide at buyer's expense. Not looking for a trade, sorry.

Any questions?

rysio-misio

Re: FS: 51nb 'T70' Frankenpad

#2 Post by rysio-misio » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:01 am

Hey,
Is this offer still available ?
If yes I'm ready to buy this machine for your expectation price i.e. $1400 + shipping cost. PayPal is fine.
richard