Selling For (Open to Offers): £72.00p + £15.00p for UK Domestic Postage
Payment Options: PayPal or Local Cash
Note: It is Listed Over at Reddit's /ThinkPadsForSale and /HardwareSwapUK Sub-Reddits as Well
Photographs of the BIOS for the T601 FrankenPad
Photographs of the Interior of the T601 FrankenPad
Photographs of the Exterior of the T601 FrankenPad
Photographs of the Accessories Bundled with the T601 FrankenPad
Screen Shots of the System Testing Carried Out on the T601 FrankenPad Including Battery Runtime Testing
For sale is a used IBM Lenovo 'T601 FrankenPad' ThinkPad, which was purchased a few years ago and has been used predominately in a docking station by a relative - it has had the 3rd Party Middleton BIOS previously installed onto the FrankenPad but also it's completely free of any passwords within the BIOS as well.
It will be coming with the following accessories but please note that it will NOT be coming with a Windows Operating System (it does have a Windows Vista Business COA but this is untested) or an internal HDD/SSHD/SSD storage device, as both have been retained by myself:
- 1 x IBM 9 Cell Type 41++ Battery (Panasonic Battery Cells).
- 1 x Lenovo 90w Mains Power Adapter (with UK Three Prong Plug).
- 1 x Lenovo HDD Caddy, along with the Four Mounting Screws and the Two Rubber Mounting Rails, all Enclosed within a Resealable Plastic Bag for Shipping.
- 1 x IBM ThinkPad Essential Port Replicator (Type: 2505, P/N: 42W4600, FRU P/N: 42W4601 and S/N: M3-AK596)
- 2 x 3rd Party SATA to PATA 2nd HDD Caddies, along with Eight Rubber Mounting Plugs for Each Caddy - they were previously used for data backups by my relative, with 1TB 2.5" SATA HDDs installed into each of the Caddies (the HDDs are NOT included in the sale).
- Rubbing Marks on the Outer Corners of the Chassis, along with some Scratches on the Right-Hand Side of Lid, from inserting and removing it from a Laptop Case Sleeve.
- Some Light Shine on the Keys of the Keyboard from use along with a couple of small scratches but all of the Keys are fully legible.
- The installed UXGA CCFL LCD is a non-FlexView Lenovo model and is instead a third party LCD (this has been picked up by the MonInfo software utility, which shows it's Manufacturer as being LG Philips and the Plug & Play ID as being LGP5054) despite this it still works quite well and is still quite bright for working with with only a single Dead Pixel on it (I can't pick it up via my Camera).
- A Couple of Small Cracks on the Rear Left-Hand Side of the Base Unit, in the Fan Exhaust Grill Section - they are quite small and only noticed when I was giving the FrankenPad a clean all over.
- A Small Crack on the Right-Hand Side of the Battery, which is partially picked up in the photographs of it.
- Some Small Scratches and Rubbing Marks on the Official Lenovo 9 Cell Type 41++ Battery from use but still has a reported Good Health Status along with a Decent Battery Cell Capacity (recent Battery Runtime Test provides over 2 Hours & 30 Minutes Runtime).
- A fresh application of Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste has been applied, after the previous application of Thermal Paste was cleaned off, along with the fan being cleaned out with a can of compressed air but it does run a bit hot with the fan kicking in (it will settle down with time).
- Model Type Number: 8895-W27
- Serial Number: L3-A9623
- Motherboard Type: Planar FRU #: 42W7648 (Motherboard from a Lenovo T61 ThinkPad)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (Penryn CPU Type) 2.60 GHz Dual Core CPU
- RAM: 4GB DDR2 (2 x Kingston KVR667D2S5/2G 2GB DDR2 200 Pin SODIMMs)
- LCD: 15" UXGA (Non-FlexView LG Philips) CCFL LCD, 1600 x 1200 Screen Pixel Resolution
- Graphics Card: Intel X3100 GMA (Graphics Media Accelerator)
- Internal Storage Drive: NONE - The Original Installed SSD is NOT included in the Sale but the HDD Caddy, 4 x Mounting Screws and 2 x Rubber Guide Rails will be included, to allow the buyer to install an HDD/SSHD/SSD into the FrankenPad (it was running previously with a Crucial M500 480GB SSD)
- Optical Drive: Lenovo DVD Multi DVD-RW Optical Drive, FRU #: 39T2829, ASM #: 39T2828, Drive Model HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-U10N (as reported via the HWiNFO64 utility)
- Operating System: NOT included in the sale, other than an untested Windows Business Vista COA on the Base, as it's a part of a Family Home Software Pack that I need to retain but this T601 FrankenPad was originally running Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 Operating System before it's Sale Listing
- Keyboard: UK English Chicony Type - Parts #: 42T3265, FRU #: 42T3297, ID #: 79328Z and Model #: MW-90GB
- Battery: Official Lenovo 9 Cell Type 41++ Battery (FRU Part #: 92P1133); it has a Good Health Status, Charging Cycle Count of 140, Battery Capacity of 68.34Wh (81.1% Capacity is Retained), the Battery Manufacturer is Panasonic (Manufacture Date: 2006-08-15) and Battery Runtime Testing (watching a movie file on a constant loop & recording the runtime/battery stats) shows it can provide just over 2 Hours & 30 Minutes (the runtime figures will differ based upon how heavily your using the ThinkPad i.e. wireless media streaming, etc)
- Mains Power Adapter: Lenovo 90w Mains Power Adapter, with UK Three Prong Power Plug
- Networking: Intel 82566MM Gigabit Ethernet Port (10/100/1000), Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN Wireless Card and Bluetooth 2.0 (BCM2045B) Card
The FrankenPad has been fully tested within a temporary installation of Windows 7 Professional x64 OS along with using various software utilities (including Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox) along with additional hardware as well to test all of the keys, ports, slots and integrated hardware on the FrankenPad, to confirm all as working except for the following - this down to myself not having the relevant hardware to test them with (in the case of the 56K Dial-Up Modem, it's been removed as part of the process for getting the T61 Motherboard Installed):
- FrankenPad - Microphone Input Port and also the PCMCIA Type II Slot, both are located on the left-hand side of the FrankenPad.
- IBM ThinkPad Essential Port Replicator - PS/2 Port and also the 56K Dial-Up Modem Port on the Rear of the Docking Station.