Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Advanced Dock 250310U With Keys

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
egoods

Advanced Dock 250310U With Keys

#1 Post by egoods » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:27 pm

After many, many years of faithful service in my family it's time for me to sell my 2503 Advanced Dock. Included is a basic low profile MSI video card (not sure what model #... but it was sub-$40 8 years ago...) and an add-a-drive tray.

It has worked flawlessly, I used it with a T61 which was connected to a 2560x1080 ultrawide display. I had this setup for a short period of time and then it moved on to my father, who's had it for at least the last 8 years if I recall. Non-smoking house, and frequently dusted.

The Good: Everything works, keys included, cosmetically good condition.
The Bad: Drive slot locking mechanism broke many years ago so the pull-tab stays extended. I tuck it behind the lower trim to solve this issue (see picture/video below).
Notables: I disabled the internal cooling fan 11 years ago as it's unbearably loud, I've had no overheating issues (but not much gaming took place...). It's near impossible to repair the internal fan, most folks who have attempted to disassemble these have found that the whole assembly is spring loaded and once it's opened it's near impossible to get back together and functioning properly. So fixing the fan is out of the question. Adding an auxiliary fan is certainly an option if heat does prove to be an issue.

$60 OBO Shipped to the lower 48 states (can ship international, contact me for a quote). I don't want to have this sit around collecting dust in my Thinkpad graveyard so I'm open to any an all reasonable offers.

I'll toss a couple pics on this post, but here's an album with all the Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/aMgLlex
And a Video: https://streamable.com/4fdj8

asaggynoodle

Re: Advanced Dock 250310U With Keys

#2 Post by asaggynoodle » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:55 am

PM Sent.

egoods

Re: Advanced Dock 250310U With Keys

#3 Post by egoods » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 pm

asaggynoodle wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:55 am
PM Sent.
Just saw that now. Sent a reply, sorry for the delay!