Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
1. The bezel around the screen on the top right doesn't sit correctly. There is a gap that I can't close. You can see it easily in one of the pictures.
2. The screen on the top right corner has a problem. The top plastic matte layer got peeled back a little (oops). On a dark background it is visible as some lighter colored dots. On a lighter background it is pretty much invisible. You can see it in the pictures.
3. The screen's brightness is not what it used to be. It is great for use at night or indoors without bright light coming in through the windows, but if you want to use it somewhere bright, might want to replace the ccfl bulb.
I'm selling it because I end up spending more time using my 2017 13" Macbook Pro than this because I like Mac OS A LOT more than Windows. Specs are very similar between the two, and if it weren't for the OS, I would choose the X62 over the Macbook. Some people complain about the fan noise on the X60/X61/X62, but really it is better than on my Macbook.
I'm not sure what to ask for this, so I'll say $1000 and see if there is any interest. I'm located in the US.
I think that's all you need to know. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
- Senior Member
- Posts: 708
- Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:37 pm
- Location: Downtown Toronto, Canada
that's a very clean lid! How did you manage that?
I'd be interested in just the X62 board if you decide you would part out - let me know!
Otherwise good luck with sale. Looks like a great machine
i7-8550u | 16+8GB RAM | 500GB Samsung 970 2280 M.2 M-key PCIe x4 | FHDtoQHD upgrade | 2242 M.2 B-key PCIe x2 @WWAN slot | Intel AX200
The X61 is dead... long live the X61
Past IBM ThinkPads: T450s, X250, X230, X220, X300, T410, X61s, T60p, T41, X31, T23, A21m
W701ds: i7-940XM - 32GB - 256GB + 1TB - FX 2800M - 17" 1920x1200 + 10" 768x1280 - Wacom - Dock
701R: m3-8100Y - 8GB - 64GB - 9.7" 2048x1536
T530: i5-3320M - 8GB - 128GB - 15.6" 1920x1080
Y910 - i7-7500U - 8GB - 256GB - 14" 1920x1080 touch
I have tried to "Hackintosh" other things, including a desktop I built for the express purpose. I'm good with hardware but not with software.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests