Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: Vintage IBM 365x (Working)

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
DeaconOfDunsparce

FS: Vintage IBM 365x (Working)

#1 Post by DeaconOfDunsparce » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi all,

I've got a few too many Thinkpads lying around and need to clear out some of the ones I'm not using as much. I'm looking to sell this 365x (Type 2625) that I've been repairing/restoring. This is one of the old "bento box" models where the screen release lock also allows you to lift up the keyboard to access all of the internals. Functionally, the machine is perfect apart from needing a new CMOS. I've tested out the floppy drive, keyboard, trackpoint (including the locking buttons), speakers, as well as most of the ports on the side and back. It currently has 40MB of ram installed and since it did not have a hard drive when I got it, I added a 4.3GB Toshiba drive in the original caddy and installed dos 6.22, Windows 3.11 for Workgroups, and the associated Thinkpad drivers. I don't have a charger to include as I've been running it off another Thinkpad charger, but it works for me on anything between 12-19V, so you have tons of options.

Cosmetically, it's mostly good with a few caveats. All of the port covers are present and there's very few scratches or dings. The plastic is chipped in one area near one of the screen locks but that's about it. The display is still bright with no lines on it and the hinge is good too. The keyboard has some faded letters, but it's 25 years old, so it happens. You should be able to see this in the photos I will link here: https://imgur.com/a/sbMiIRG

I don't know the current market value of this computer as retro tech fluctuates and spikes pretty rapidly. I'm hoping to get $80 USD + shipping but I'm open to negotiate offers or maybe trades. I take paypal or venmo and for shipping am based in Texas. I want to find this machine a good home which is why I decided to list it here. If you have any questions, please let me know!

fatkatsupra1

Re: FS: Vintage IBM 365x (Working)

#2 Post by fatkatsupra1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:52 pm

PM sent

olex126

Re: FS: Vintage IBM 365x (Working)

#3 Post by olex126 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:26 pm

PM sent.

Dave
Previous & Collection Thinkpads: 701C A22m A30/A31p T23p x2 T30 T41 X31 various 750's 760's & 390's.

DD's & Test Benches: X41T, X60T & X61T's, various T42p-T43p's, x200 x201 x220T x230 T520 W530 T601F LED (X9000/8Gb/250SSD/W7 U)

"Life Is A Journey...Enjoy The Ride!"