Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

EU WTS: "T500p" Q9000 wide viewing angle LED WSXGA+ T61 lid

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
digmorepaka

EU WTS: "T500p" Q9000 wide viewing angle LED WSXGA+ T61 lid

#1 Post by digmorepaka » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:33 am

Hi, I built this T500p machine a few months back and it's been sitting in my shelf taking up space so let's find it a new home!

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/daERlNJ DIALUP USERS BEWARE

Specs:

-Q9000
-iGPU mobo
-NMB keyboard
-Wide viewing angle WSXGA+ LED display - LP154WE2-TLA1 - Uniboosty blue(a kit that xiph recommends) with the needed mods to prevent flicker and have proper brightness control
-T61 lid(obviously 15" shortscreen) to mitigate the common left hinge failure that this machine has already suffered once with it's previous owner and once with me
-no ram
-no drive caddie or door
-no battery
-no charger

As is with most one off "can I do this?" projects it's a bit rough around the edges, so keep that in mind.

-Lid is carbon fiber pattern wrapped due to the lid seller destroying a large part of the rubberized coating(probably to remove residue from the sticker? it's in that spot)
-Hinges are wobbly, i wanted to address this but I lost patience with this machine and T61 bezel is the most annoying thing to deal with on here
-Other minor bits and pieces

I can also include the remains, T61 15" lcd cable(no thinklight, that had to be moved to the T500 cable), old lid with broken left hinge mount on the MG plate, old bezel, and old WSXGA+ panel(!!!might be the one i broke and only displays monochrome!!!) For a symbolic price and possible additional shipping.

I don't know how much this machine is worth, I have never seen something like this sell here before so I'm setting the price to what I would sell first come first serve with. 270 EUR+shipping If you feel like this is too much feel free to shoot me an offer!
Daily: T420
Collecting dust: T420 T500p T60 X60t
RIP: T41x2 T40 T42 T42p X41t T61 T420 X61s T410

digmorepaka

Re: EU WTS: "T500p" Q9000 wide viewing angle LED WSXGA+ T61 lid

#2 Post by digmorepaka » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Bump, still available
Daily: T420
Collecting dust: T420 T500p T60 X60t
RIP: T41x2 T40 T42 T42p X41t T61 T420 X61s T410