Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: X301 from Morrow collection

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
hwattys

FS: X301 from Morrow collection

#1 Post by hwattys » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm

Over a year ago I listed some laptops I picked up from Bill on a trip to GA in the pre-COVID days and am selling for him. Its taken a while but one of the last ones I have is an X301. 2777-CTO. It is a Core 2 Duo U9400 8 gigs RAM and a 160 gig SSD; DVD burner. I listed it unsuccessfully on eBay a couple times at higher asking prices. Very nice 1440 x 900 screen, fingerprint reader, webcam, a "new/used" battery I found on eBay for cheap and seems to hold a couple hour charge. Knockoff AC adapter. The hard-wired LAN port does not work. The wifi was also glitchy so I upgraded to Middleton BIOS and put in a Broadcom 802.11n wifi card (2.4 only) which works well. Perfect inexpensive laptop for a student doing distance learning. The big negative is the casing has got that weird tackiness around the palmrest. Everything except as noted still works remarkably well, however and it's pretty zippy for daily chores. Windows 10 fully activated as well as standard productivity and security software is loaded. Loaded fully licensed retail Windows 7 Home which was upgraded via Microsoft to Windows 10 Home so fully legal OS. I used it in my office for a specific task for a couple months when it did not sell and now do not need it any more and would like to see it go to a good home. License tag is Vista.

Asking $90 plus shipping and proceeds go to Mr. Morrow.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hdjjhm714n5g ... dXtCa?dl=0