Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
Post Reply
Message
Author
hoax32
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Lewisville, TX

WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#1 Post by hoax32 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Subject line says it all ladies!

Looking for a 1400x1050 OEM panel for my 14.1" T60p project as well as a palmrest with fingerprint reader - both need to be either new or absolutely mint (basically open box condition).
I am willing to pay a high price tag for either one or both.
If someone finds me a listing online and the purchase is successful and the item arrives as described, a $25 finder fee will be paid for your efforts via PayPal.
Last edited by hoax32 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM ThinkPad X22
-----------------------------------

CPU: Intel Pentium III-M Tualatin @1.13GHz
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 8MB DDR [OC'ed] CORE: @213MHz - MEM: @200MHz
RAM: 640MB 133MHz SD RAM 3-3-3-6
HDD: 30GB ATA 5400RPM 8MB Cache
OS: XP SP3

ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge
Posts: 17106
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania, USA

Re: WTB: 14.1" Flexview LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#2 Post by ajkula66 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:38 pm

I hate to tell you but there are NO 14" FlexView panels. They were never produced by any manufacturer.
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

FlexView AARP club members:A31p, T43pSF

Abused daily: T520, X200s


PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.

hoax32
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Lewisville, TX

Re: WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#3 Post by hoax32 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:56 pm

That is unfortunate.
IBM ThinkPad X22
-----------------------------------

CPU: Intel Pentium III-M Tualatin @1.13GHz
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 8MB DDR [OC'ed] CORE: @213MHz - MEM: @200MHz
RAM: 640MB 133MHz SD RAM 3-3-3-6
HDD: 30GB ATA 5400RPM 8MB Cache
OS: XP SP3

TheForgottenKing
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: WTB: 14.1" Flexview LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#4 Post by TheForgottenKing » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 am

ajkula66 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:38 pm
I hate to tell you but there are NO 14" FlexView panels. They were never produced by any manufacturer.
Wasn't there briefly an SXGA+ FlexView panel, but quickly discontinued?
W701ds: i7-940XM - 32GB DDR3 - 256GB SSD + 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD - FX 2800M - 17" 1920x1200 + 10" 768x1280 - ODD - Dock - Wacom - Calibrator
701R: Intel Atom x7-Z8750 - 8GB - 256GB eMMC - 1920x1200 @ 10.1" - 701C Keyboard - WIP
T530: i5-3210M - 8GB DDR3 - 15.6" 1600x900 FS

TheForgottenKing
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#5 Post by TheForgottenKing » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:35 am

OP, here's the correct palmrest, it seems to be in great shape and is cheap: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LENOVO-T60-T60 ... 3923274793

This seems to be another correct option, but seems to be in worse condition: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-T60-pal ... 4141640234 I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of isopropyl alcohol turns that thing to near mint condition.

The FRUs for it is 26R9376 and 26R9377.

Best of luck in your purchases, and if either one is successful feel free to hit me up with some beer money.
W701ds: i7-940XM - 32GB DDR3 - 256GB SSD + 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD - FX 2800M - 17" 1920x1200 + 10" 768x1280 - ODD - Dock - Wacom - Calibrator
701R: Intel Atom x7-Z8750 - 8GB - 256GB eMMC - 1920x1200 @ 10.1" - 701C Keyboard - WIP
T530: i5-3210M - 8GB DDR3 - 15.6" 1600x900 FS

TheForgottenKing
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#6 Post by TheForgottenKing » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:44 am

Can we get a triple post? I'm on a roll...

From https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/TFT_display, the correct display models are as follows: LTN141P4-L02, HT14P12, LTD141EN9B

Slap these three into eBay and many listings come up, used and new. The first and last ones seem to be the most available. Keep in mind that the T60 series has some EDID [censored] that you may need to work with.

This listing claims to have an IBM-specific panel, and it has free returns, so I'd start with this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-IBM-Le ... 3244916490

This listing also claims to have an IBM-specific panel, and also has free returns. Either one should work fine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-14-1-1 ... 3329953192

Both appear to be in mint condition. Have fun!
W701ds: i7-940XM - 32GB DDR3 - 256GB SSD + 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD - FX 2800M - 17" 1920x1200 + 10" 768x1280 - ODD - Dock - Wacom - Calibrator
701R: Intel Atom x7-Z8750 - 8GB - 256GB eMMC - 1920x1200 @ 10.1" - 701C Keyboard - WIP
T530: i5-3210M - 8GB DDR3 - 15.6" 1600x900 FS

ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge
Posts: 17106
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania, USA

Re: WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#7 Post by ajkula66 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:23 am

TheForgottenKing wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 am

Wasn't there briefly an SXGA+ FlexView panel, but quickly discontinued?
Boe Hydis. Never made it into production stage. No one I know has ever seen one. You have a better chance of feeding a unicorn in your back yard tomorrow morning.
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

FlexView AARP club members:A31p, T43pSF

Abused daily: T520, X200s


PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.

hoax32
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Lewisville, TX

Re: WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#8 Post by hoax32 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:02 pm

TheForgottenKing wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:44 am
Can we get a triple post? I'm on a roll...

From https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/TFT_display, the correct display models are as follows: LTN141P4-L02, HT14P12, LTD141EN9B

Slap these three into eBay and many listings come up, used and new. The first and last ones seem to be the most available. Keep in mind that the T60 series has some EDID [censored] that you may need to work with.

This listing claims to have an IBM-specific panel, and it has free returns, so I'd start with this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-IBM-Le ... 3244916490

This listing also claims to have an IBM-specific panel, and also has free returns. Either one should work fine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-14-1-1 ... 3329953192

Both appear to be in mint condition. Have fun!
Thanks for the input brother.
Unfortunately I believe that my level of OCD and quality control requires me to find both unused.
They seem to appear occasionally but I have not been very lucky lately.
IBM ThinkPad X22
-----------------------------------

CPU: Intel Pentium III-M Tualatin @1.13GHz
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 8MB DDR [OC'ed] CORE: @213MHz - MEM: @200MHz
RAM: 640MB 133MHz SD RAM 3-3-3-6
HDD: 30GB ATA 5400RPM 8MB Cache
OS: XP SP3

TheForgottenKing
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#9 Post by TheForgottenKing » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:16 am

hoax32 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:02 pm
TheForgottenKing wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:44 am
Can we get a triple post? I'm on a roll...

From https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/TFT_display, the correct display models are as follows: LTN141P4-L02, HT14P12, LTD141EN9B

Slap these three into eBay and many listings come up, used and new. The first and last ones seem to be the most available. Keep in mind that the T60 series has some EDID [censored] that you may need to work with.

This listing claims to have an IBM-specific panel, and it has free returns, so I'd start with this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-IBM-Le ... 3244916490

This listing also claims to have an IBM-specific panel, and also has free returns. Either one should work fine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-14-1-1 ... 3329953192

Both appear to be in mint condition. Have fun!
Thanks for the input brother.
Unfortunately I believe that my level of OCD and quality control requires me to find both unused.
They seem to appear occasionally but I have not been very lucky lately.
I see new options for the LTD141EN9B and LTN141P4-L02. Good luck.
W701ds: i7-940XM - 32GB DDR3 - 256GB SSD + 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD - FX 2800M - 17" 1920x1200 + 10" 768x1280 - ODD - Dock - Wacom - Calibrator
701R: Intel Atom x7-Z8750 - 8GB - 256GB eMMC - 1920x1200 @ 10.1" - 701C Keyboard - WIP
T530: i5-3210M - 8GB DDR3 - 15.6" 1600x900 FS

TRS-80
Sophomore Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 pm
Location: Eastern, USA
Contact:

Re: WTB: 14.1" 1400x1050 LCD Panel & Palmrest w. FP [NEW OR MINT!] [Willing to pay big!]

#10 Post by TRS-80 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:32 pm

hoax32 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:02 pm
Unfortunately I believe that my level of OCD and quality control requires me to find both unused.
They seem to appear occasionally but I have not been very lucky lately.
I dunno man, you been looking lately? Pickings have gotten extremely slim, especially in the display department. In fact for me (looking for 15") this has become the limiting factor in how many machines I can get up and running (and I am only trying to keep a few spares going, for my own personal usage).

I came across a 14" complete unit with a quite bright looking display, on eBay just recently. In fact that was what caught my eye about the listing. I couldn't help but wonder if the backlight (or panel) had been replaced at some point, as on almost every other listing nowadays, the displays look very dim. Which is right in line with all the machines I have here, that have not had their backlights / displays replaced. A very careful reading of this listing gave me the impression that the seller might not really know what he has. Only then I realized it's 14" and not 15" (useless for me), much to my disappointment.

But I won't bother looking it up or posting a link unless you are willing to re-think your firm stance on "brand new only." Which I just don't think is any longer a reasonable requirement in 2021 (JMHO).

Best of luck...
All good things are Wild and Free.

What is free software and why is it so important for society?

(2021) Actively on the lookout for for 15" T60 FlexView / Hydis LED displays and parts, for my own usage. Kindly PM me your demands if you are willing to part with anything. :D

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Marketplace - Forum Members only”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests