Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

WTB : x220 keyboard or x220 for spares

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
Wwuoo

WTB : x220 keyboard or x220 for spares

#1 Post by Wwuoo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Preferably Scandinavian / European layout,

Checking here, the prices on ebay is around 37$ / 30 eur ~ looking to go cheaper

atagunov

Re: WTB : x220 keyboard or x220 for spares

#2 Post by atagunov » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 am

It's certainly possible to go cheaper.. but there are fake keyboards around, so I'm not sure if you really want to :)
Another big question for me is new vs used; I always tried to buy new but with these fakes.. don't know if it's as clear cut any more

Just checking: you certainly have seen this linking to this list and saying this, haven't you?
the first columns is ALPS keyboard (generally regarded as the worst), the second row is Chicony (regarded as good) and the third row is NMB (regarded at the best)
That page gives us a list of FRU-s to look for
Unfortunately when I tried to search by the UK NMB FRU and by photo on Aliexpress I got something which is probably a fake :(

P.S. I suppose you could setup a search on ebay by FRU or FRU-s, set a price limit and subscribe to emails. I think with enough patience you may catch something to your linking. Of course there's hope somebody may sell here as well. I have seen a new keyboard that look good enough on UK ebay with UK layout for under £30 once. Well unfortunately I didn't leap to catch it.. Don't think NMB FRU shows up a lot, but Chicony do float around once in a while
X220, 2 *T520