Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

WTB: few x61s parts and x220 DC-in connector

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
polezaivsani

WTB: few x61s parts and x220 DC-in connector

#1 Post by polezaivsani » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:28 am

I wonder if any of fine folks here has some spares for x61s/x220. I'm looking for a DC-in connector for x220 (one i have give random electric connectivity, the other is more reliable but far from ideal) and few parts for x61s:
- keyboard (my current got a bit creaky and mouse navbar buttons are almost dead)
- heatsink & fan assembly
- drive cover would be nice

Trying to troubleshoot the power issues with this x220 i got a whole new system board, but since it wasn't to blame nor seeing it fail is a likely accident, the spare i5 systemboard with heatsink and fan - i'm willing to share it at the cost of shipping.

I have a hunch that trans-Atlantic postage got a bit expensive, thus continental Europe is preferred, but i'm open to any option.
Last edited by polezaivsani on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

atagunov

Re: WTB: few x61s parts and x220 DC-in connector

#2 Post by atagunov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 am

polezaivsani wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:28 am
I'm looking for a DC-in connector for x220
How similar are these between models btw? Say between that X61s and X220 you got?..

BTW the choice of heatsinks/fans and small parts like covers was surprisingly good both on ebay and Aliexpress last time I looked, just saying.. Of course keyboards are a different matter, with fakes floating around..
X220, 2 *T520

polezaivsani

#3 Post by polezaivsani » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:53 pm

atagunov wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 am
How similar are these between models btw? Say between that X61s and X220 you got?..

BTW the choice of heatsinks/fans and small parts like covers was surprisingly good both on ebay and Aliexpress last time I looked, just saying.. Of course keyboards are a different matter, with fakes floating around..
Wow, they are identical indeed! At least the enclosures are. Now need to figure out how easy it is to switch the connector on the other end. Funny thing checking out the x61s reminded how lovely they are. Will have to figure if i need the x220 at all. As for aliexpress - i'll keep them as my backup plan. Keeping it within this community just causes more warm an fuzzy feelings :).

atagunov

#4 Post by atagunov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:49 pm

polezaivsani wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:53 pm
Wow, they are identical indeed! At least the enclosures are. Now need to figure out how easy it is to switch the connector on the other end
It was my hunch that the part might be identical between all round-barrel Thinkpads. If that was true it would mean you could get any connector from any round-barrel model at all - not limiting yourself to X220 - and so you might be able to find one on RU ebay or somewhere else locally.. Think there's a plug on the other end of the DC connector cable which is probably fairly standard too. Of course one thing that could potentially differ is the length of the said cable.. But then ebay auctions would probably have photos to help you asses suitability. Or else you need a "donor" dead Thinkpad to donate the part - assuming it's not broken in the donor
X220, 2 *T520