Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Postponed - NA - A spare & not yet rebuilt TPA31P

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
friedrich-eugen
thinkpads.com customer
thinkpads.com customer

Postponed - NA - A spare & not yet rebuilt TPA31P

#1 Post by friedrich-eugen » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:44 am

Hello,

I 'm under pressure ... from the other part of my family :wink: to reduce my still unfinished projects... As I have managed to rebuild one for myself and one to give away / to sale, I still have another A31P waiting for reassembling and rebuilding:

It is a Machine that stopped working only some weeks ago, probably as its security chip decided it was not safe anymore after I removed its AES-secured HDD. I used its display otherwise.

So I'm left with a machine, in need of a systemboard, I bought one, and a Display, I have one (not UXGA but extended VGA) , all necessary casing, parts and screws, all necessary drives (no HDD; but you might ask me for one (IDE-SSD 256GB), CPUs (but only 2.0Ghz-ones) and memory ... but. no warranty, it works without any further stress... I might add some CD from IBM (German language)

Whats left ist the job of rebuiding. ell: You might need a keyboard in US-layout or relable it and You might need a battery (seems hard to find). I have done the rebuilding ... and met an 0192-Error -- just tackling the problem, not selling now.

I shall offer the TP later at a price of X>100$, when finished, if You are interested let me know...
-friedrich-eugen-
started with IBM-XT & AST-Ascentia (910N) in the 90ties, relying on Thinkpads (770X, A31P, T60-61P Frankenp.) until 2017,
now using TP W530 FHD (i7 Nvida 2GB, 32GB, 500GB & 2TB SSD), X230T (i7 32GB/ 1TB), TP Yoga X390 (i7 16GB 2TB)
Windows 10 & Windows 11 Pro