Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: X201s +dock

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
tecmes

FS: X201s +dock

#1 Post by tecmes » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Recently bought for use as my main laptop to replace my X61s with a larger screen for today's needs. Then I found out I can barely use its resolution on win7 because mine old eyes are just too bad for the smaller pixels... After some eye fatigue I decided to part with it...

It's in excellent condition, with no case hairline cracks, no hinge wobble, no wear on the keys, no sticky residues. Battery holds very well and reports as "good" in PM. Missing a rubber foot on the battery is the only damage I can see. Bottom screen backlight spillage can be seen when you look at the screen at an odd angle from the top of the lid, but this seems like a normal feature of this model.

I've replaced the palmrest with a no-touchpad, no-fingerprint-reader version, which is much more Thinkpad-sleek. I'll provide the original palmrest as well.

Comes with
- 6Gb RAM
- new 120Gb Crucial SSD
- X200 dock in new condition
- Ultraslim bay serial HDD adapter (Chinese knock-off; ugly but works)
- AC adapter

It's the 1440x900, 2.13Ghz version (don't think there is any other version, but...)

Has original actieveable Win7 key if you care for it.

Firm asking price 325 USD + shipping, Paypal only. Note that the dock is fairly heavy.
(Pickup & CAD cash OK in Montréal, Canada).
Workhorse: vanilla X61s. "Gaming": 14s-IWL. Drawer: X31, X201s (sold, couldn't get used to it...). Office: T560. First crush: X20. Fond memories: SXGA+ 770

tecmes

Re: FS: X201s +dock

#2 Post by tecmes » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:17 am

I will relist on ebay tonight with a lower price (in CAD this time), so this ad will stop being available for some days at least!
Workhorse: vanilla X61s. "Gaming": 14s-IWL. Drawer: X31, X201s (sold, couldn't get used to it...). Office: T560. First crush: X20. Fond memories: SXGA+ 770

jamesfawcett
Freshman Member

#3 Post by jamesfawcett » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:55 am

tecmes wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:09 pm
Bottom screen backlight spillage can be seen when you look at the screen at an odd angle from the top of the lid, but this seems like a normal feature of this model.
It certainly is! All the ones I've seen do this, not a problem when using it normally looking straight on though :)

tecmes

#4 Post by tecmes » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Well I'm not selling it anymore as it's now my Roll20 computer... screen readability less of an issue as I'm using external screens (which kind of destroys the whole point of the 1440 screen, but...)

Insomniac1971
Sophomore Member

#5 Post by Insomniac1971 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Have you tried to put Xubuntu on it?

I have the same resolution on my X300, in Xubuntu I can adjust the text size and ppi and a whole lot of other things, that are not possible in Windows.

My old eyes also had problems, but not since I started using linux many years ago.

Just a thought 🙂

Jan
Live life to to fullest:) I do!
Thinkpads: T500, R500, X300 - (dead R61(intel), T61(Nvidia))
Other: Toshiba Satellite L40-139(dead)