Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS X230/X330 and parts

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
obarriel
Freshman Member

FS X230/X330 and parts

#1 Post by obarriel » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:26 am

After the frustration of trying to install an OLED panel on my X330 (more info https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comme ... creen_mod/) I have decided to sell all my X230/x330 parts since I don't think I am able to fix it and I am not willing to spend more money on it:

- The basic system is a X330 with a i5-3380M motherboard and a modded top half with a 13.3 fhd panel LQ133M1JW21. The modded board and the modified top half were purchased at https://www.xyte.ch/. It was working great until I connected the OLED panel, but now the laptop is not showing anything on the screen (it is not just the backlight). However it fully works using an external monitor but the internal display is no longer recognized (I have checked it is the same result either using the EDP connector or the original LVDS connector with the non-fhd panel). The FHD 13.3 LQ133M1JW21 panel has been tested to be working so the problem must be either in the edp cable or in the motherboard/adapter board that somehow were damaged when connected the OLED screen.
- A new thin CNCed bezel I bought from taobao (never used), since the original CNC bezel I got from xytech is broken.
- An additional x230 i7-3520M motherboard (fastest stock motherboard for x230 and hard to find). Tested to be working OK. This was the original motherboard of the system. I tried to modify it myself with a FHD kit from xyte.ch but did not succeed in the soldering so that's why I bought the pre-modded i5-3380m. I am also including the FHD kit that I failed to solder (also from www.xyte.ch), but I doubt it can be made functional again since I messed it.
- The original unmodded lid and a non-fhd LP125WH2 panel (ips). I remember that this panel had some vertical lines in the left part of the screen that went away when some pressure was applied in the bottom part.

No battery, SSD or charger included. I keep the 7-row keyboard for myself but I can ship the original x230 keyboard. I can also maybe include a 2gb memory for testing purposes if desired.
Cosmetic conditions of the case and plastics is imperfect/rough since the mod was done in a machine that I have had for several years and that I had quite used.

Photo: https://ibb.co/M9Ldh9J

Only shipping within Europe.

Selling everything together, asking 300€ for everything + shipping or best offer.
a w520, a couple of T60@T61, a affs modded x201 and some other older stuff.

sealgair

Re: FS X230/X330 and parts

#2 Post by sealgair » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:56 pm

Would you be prepared to split this up a bit?