Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

IBM ThinkPad 600E + R51

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
MelonicOverlord

IBM ThinkPad 600E + R51

#1 Post by MelonicOverlord » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:40 pm

Hi all, I have a IBM Thinkpad 600E and ThinkPad R51 on sale right now.

The 600E is rather significantly damaged, with a corner missing, smashed screen, loose screen bezel, horrible plastics etc - however the motherboard works and the keyboard is salvagable so this may be useful for someone who has a machine with a dead mainboard. It is also missing pretty much everything from every bay. No hard drive or charger. Not much is known about the specs as I don't currently have a charger to test it on. CMOS battery also flat and there is a main battery present but the status is unknown. Not been opened, or cleaned just power tested. Specs presumably whatever it shipped with stock however I am not sure what that is other than a Pentium II - bottom RAM slots also empty so probably under keyboard. £45+Postage

The R51 on the other hand, is in mostly working condition. To use properly, it's at least going to need a new CMOS, IDE HDD and Display. The hard drive, and hard drive caddy+faceplate, is totally missing and the CMOS is flat. Display on the other hand has a dead CCFL Backlight Tube and so is totally dim the entire time (external display does work), and the Inverter is already tested as working on another display. Other stuff which I would recommend replacing on this is the keyboard, as a lot of keys are missing, and the trackpad assembly, as the LMB has a totally missing rubber dome. Once again, battery present but status not known, and no charger. Specs wise, this has a Banius Pentium M 1.6GHz (I recommend an upgrade to a Dothan Pentium M 7x5 chip for best performance, BIOS already 2005 so should support it), 512MB RAM under keyboard and ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 - has also been opened, cleaned and re-pasted. Bottom RAM door also missing but this is an easy find. £40+Postage

These are being sold on eBay, and exlusively eBay, so if interested or have any questions please drop a message to me and I'd be more than happy to give the link or some pictures if you are genuinely interested.

All 3 machines (see below for 3rd) are open to offers, and postage is a flat rate of £6.85. Shipping will be over Evri (via eBay PackLink) with full tracking and compensation.

UK MAINLAND ONLY NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

(Although slightly off-ThinkPad topic, I do also have a HP OmniBook 5500CT (top specs) available if that is of interest to anybody. Much more complete than the ThinkPads, and has a Hard Drive with Win98 already on it -downside hinges are destroyed. £110+Postage.)

Many thanks for looking.