General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
- Freshman Member
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:35 am
At the moment, I am using the old ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint
together with a classic dome TrackPoint cap
. This keyboard is full of bugs and overall pretty awful. Until I finish building my own Bluetooth keyboard, based on an X41 keyboard, I am thinking about getting a ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II
Before I order, I have a few questions about the ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II:
- Does it use the same TrackPoint caps as the first version? (same footprint as classic dome)
- Is Bluetooth connectivity stable? (terrible with the old version)
- Can the middle TrackPoint button be configured to be used as a plain middle mouse button? (doesn’t work in the old version, can only scroll)
- Can TrackPoint sensitivity be properly configured? (in the old version only acceleration can be changed)
- Is negative inertia supported? (doesn’t work in the old version)
- Are the feet robust? (easily broke off in the old version)
- Admin Emeritus
- Posts: 21592
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:17 am
- Location: Dublin, Éire
For a KB I would never trust Bluetooth.
Get a wireless USB version instead.
See also this: viewtopic.php?p=826209#p826209
NOT a great day for a Guinness
! (the R
Ireland is on FULL lockdown till December 2020!
Covid-19: Mask it or Casket!
Check out The Boardroom for Mods and Other Services.
- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2702
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Based on this review
it seems that is can switch between Bluetooth and wireless USB.
Daily driver: X220 4291-C91 i7-2620M
Backup: X601 Core 2 Duo T8100
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
On loan: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
- Junior Member
- Posts: 335
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 8:52 pm
- Location: Slovenia/Europe
Bluetooth has uses for non-pc devices.
I ordered Tex Shinobi, anyone else got one?
Someone had problems with Trackpoint II scrolling on Linux. I was looking for exotic Trackpoint II layout and it's nowhere to be found.
T540p, T420s, T400, R61, X61t, T60p, T42p, A21p
- Posts: 1662
- Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:26 pm
- Location: TX, USA & Bombay, India
How is this for use when one needs to work with BT devices?
T61 8892-02U: 14.1"SXGA+/2.2C2D/4G/XP|Adv Mini Dock|30" Gateway XHD3000 WQXGA via Dual-link DVI
X61T 7767-96U: 12.1"SXGA+/1.6C2D/3G/Vista|Ultrabase
W510 4319-2PU: 15.6"FHD/i7-720QM/4G/Win7Pro64 (for dad)
T43 1875-DLU: 14.1"XGA/1.7PM-740/1G/XP (Old)
- 0 Replies
- 930 Views
Last post by loyukfai
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:41 am
- 6 Replies
- 497 Views
Last post by crashnburn
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:01 am
- 11 Replies
- 1109 Views
Last post by RealBlackStuff
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:41 am
- 1 Replies
- 650 Views
Last post by kfzhu1229
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:34 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests