Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

701c/cs sale/trade items

General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
n2ri
Sophomore Member

701c/cs sale/trade items

#1 Post by n2ri » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:09 pm

I just went through my 2 701 butterfly keyboard Thinkpads and found both batteries had leaked and had to toss the batteries and slight mostly cosmetic damage resulted so they are no longer museum pieces ;^(

the 701c has upgraded Mother Board 133mhz from 50mhz original, also has 40mb ram. 3gb HDD. everything works great short of battery and cover gone and scuffs on outside case plus some oxidation on battery terminals... the 701cs also has some oxidation on terminals and some rubberized case coating peel near battery portal and missing Battery/cover, original 75mhz setup and like new condition otherwise with the 533mb HDD etc. the original Thinkpad carry bag had Gel and some kind of fake Leather padding that turned to Tar and though NOS had to be trashed bummer. I also have a Dock II with options installed for these Thinkpads as well as CD and other card also extension lid for sitting monitor on when docked (very rare options). I have a complete Floppy with cable for these and a Printer adapter cable for them. and at least 1 maybe 2 compact power supplys for laptops the original type with folding AC plug for compact storage, also an Multiport adapter and an airplane/car power adapter. all accessories are like new condition. I would sell everything at reasonable price or trade for a good working W520 Thinkpad with Color balance etc built in and power Supply. I dont collect TPs but use them myself and the W520 is newest model I am looking to upgrade to. I have been using my T61 and W500 but they are having issues now and I need to fix them and upgrade to a W520 so my old trusty starter Thinkpads need a new collectors shelf to sit upon.

NonesensE
Sophomore Member

Re: 701c/cs sale/trade items

#2 Post by NonesensE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Can you still get the batteries out of the trash? As long as the plastic parts are there, a buyer can restore them with fresh cells. If you throw them away, they're out of luck.
Sometimes coming over from the German forum...
X62s 3rd batch, [s]T61[/s] T70 14" 4:3 1st batch

n2ri
Sophomore Member

#3 Post by n2ri » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:30 pm

the plastic parts were destroyed from acid and getting them out of laptops. even the end covers:^( I had to buy all parts for mine off ebay etc when I got them as they had been stripped before auctioned. I do still have all other parts that I bought over the years which are very hard to find like Floppy drive with cable, Printer port cable, floppy to serial cable for back of docking stations, DC and AC power supplys, Multiport mini dock like new, Dock II complete with monitor stand that sits over docked TP when using ext mouse, keyboard and monitor on Dock II plus installed 701 port adapter, game card, 2x CD ROM...

also the more used 701c has 40mb RAM and upgraded MB with 133mhz instead of original 50mhz and a 3.2gb HDD max these can run. Dock II has port for extra HDD full size in it also. I had everything available for these back then as it was my main PC for years.

then one of my sons got me the spare Thinkpad which I just moticed is NOT an 701cs but a nicer condition stock 701c.

n2ri
Sophomore Member

#4 Post by n2ri » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:35 pm

sorry the spare nicer Thinkpad is NOT a cs but another 701c 50mhz stock config. the odd cord in pic with Multiport is for Floppy to plug into Serial port on Dock II.
I will post craigslist post link for pics

n2ri
Sophomore Member

#5 Post by n2ri » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:53 pm