Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Individual Bluetooth speakers connect in stereo

General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
GomJabbar

Individual Bluetooth speakers connect in stereo

#1 Post by GomJabbar » Fri May 11, 2018 12:17 pm

I was trying to get my JBL Flip 4 waterproof speakers (2) to work in stereo on my X280. I could get them to pair, but Windows 10 would only output to 1 speaker. Some googleing and I found the solution. Install Voice Meeter. See the last post in the following thread where I found the solution. I connected both speakers in Windows using bluetooth, but without pressing the linking buttons on the speakers (the button below the power button). Next I just had to choose the hardware out devices in the Voice Meeter app. Voila! :D

Bluetooth Speakers - listen to 2 at the same time???

EDIT: I thought I was getting stereo because the mono button on Voice Meeter did change the sound, but on further experimentation, I realize both speakers are essentially putting out the same sound. It sounds quite good, the sound coming out of 2 speakers, but it is not stereo. :x

It might be a bluetooth driver issue.
DKB

MikalE
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: Individual Bluetooth speakers connect in stereo

#2 Post by MikalE » Sat May 12, 2018 6:14 am

The Flip 4 is supposed to be able to link to itself using one of the control buttons. I have one of these, but not two.

I do not know though, if linking two of these together will separate the audio into stereo or if it becomes just two mono speakers linked together.
A31p P-IV 2Ghz, 2MB, 2653-R6U
T500 T9600 2055-BE9
T510 i5 4384-DV7
T510 i7 4349-A64
T520 i7QM 4242-4UU Highly Modified
T16 i7 1260P 21BV000SUS

GomJabbar

Re: Individual Bluetooth speakers connect in stereo

#3 Post by GomJabbar » Sat May 12, 2018 7:43 am

Link is a better word than pair for the buttons I was trying to describe in my original post (I edited it accordingly). These buttons work fine with my iPad mini and my HTC Android phone using the JBL Connect app, but they do not work for Windows as one of the speakers always gets muted (there is no JBL Connect app available for Windows). Using Voice Meeter, I found I did not need to link the speakers with these buttons. The output I am getting is stereo, not mono.

Supposedly you can link more than 100 of these speakers for party mode using the JBL Connect app. Voice Meeter is limited in the number of outputs to 2 I believe, and I only have 2 speakers, so I don't know if there is any way to use these speakers in party mode with Windows.
DKB