Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Sources of batteries

General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
Kyouhei

Sources of batteries

#1 Post by Kyouhei » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:45 pm

Hello thinkpads.com, I'm Nate.

I like rebuilding computers, and I really like ThinkPads, especially ones from the late-XP to mid-7 era (so anything with a classic 7-row keyboard). Of course, with these machines getting older, their batteries are giving out. Does anyone have a recommendation on battery sources, genuine or otherwise working fine? I have an X201i with a battery that Windows 7 constantly complains about so I was thinking to replace it if I ever get around to doing that. Thanks!

Bionicman
Freshman Member

Re: Sources of batteries

#2 Post by Bionicman » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:46 am

Kingsener seem to be making good batteries. I'm testing several of them. Contrary to most chinese batteries, these hold the charge they claim and don't drop suddenly below 25-30%. Their cells seem to lose a little bit of charge after each cycle below 30%, which is normal for any non-panasonic battery. A X200s with 6cell battery easily does 4 hours and more
T420 -> W500 -> T601 Frankenpad -> X200s -> X330 -> modded T420

atagunov

Re: Sources of batteries

#3 Post by atagunov » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:45 pm

Bionicman wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:46 am
...don't drop suddenly below 25-30%
Unfortunately my X230 KingSener 6-cell running in a X220 has been doing just that for a while. I think it has snapped out of it now and is behaving normally again. An original used battery in that X220 was doing the same too :( This KingSener is1.5 year old now and is serving okay-ish.

Still given a choice between a completely no-name batt and a KingSener one I'll choose KingSener.
X220, 2 *T520