Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

***Announcement re: PC Doctor 5 ***

READ ME FIRST then post. If your E-MAIL Address fails, your account WILL BE deleted. No location? No account activation.
jdhurst
Admin
Admin

***Announcement re: PC Doctor 5 ***

#1 Post by jdhurst » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:23 am

There are reports of systems being damaged (Add/Remove Programs and Registry damage) caused by installing PC Doctor 5 without uninstalling the earlier version first.

I do not have all the facts, because I have not yet done this upgrade. However, the posts here have an undercurrent of problems that is believable.

It seems reasonable to suggest people wait before upgrading PC Doctor. Do not upgrade PC Doctor until and unless there is information on Lenovo's site that this problem has been addressed in some way.

Disclaimer: I am not speaking for Lenovo, this Forum, its owner and sysadmin Bill Morrow, or anyone else. I have reviewed the posts, and this seems a reasonable short-term conclusion on my part until we know better what to do.
... JD Hurst

jdhurst
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by jdhurst » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:09 pm

Update:

I uninstalled PC Doctor current version, downloaded and installed PC Doctor 5 (manually) and it works fine. I am still following the threads and Lenovo is looking into it, however done as noted, it is working without problem.
... JD Hurst

Return to “RULES of the ROAD”