Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

TPM Clear

Performance, hardware, software, general buying and gaming discussion..
tbarbone

TPM Clear

#1 Post by tbarbone » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a refurb T430 and am very happy with it. I was hoping to set up BitLocker with the TPM module but I cannot get it to clear. I have set up the computer in secure boot using UEFI but the TPM will not respond to any clearing commands, regardless of whether they come from windows or the BIOS. After some time googling it appears that perhaps my laptop was set up with MDT (Microsoft deployment tools), and this might be the culprit as to why I cannot clear the TPM. As a regular consumer, I don't have an MDT. Is there any tool out there or script or something that will allow me to reset the TPM? Using Power Shell it keeps asking for an owner password to reset the TPM, which I do not have. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

pkiff

Re: TPM Clear

#2 Post by pkiff » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 am

Welcome to the Forum, tbarbone.
Please contact the original owner and ask them to provide you with whatever master passwords may have been set on the machine. We do not permit discussions of ways of bypassing security chips on this forum, per the Rules of this Road: "5. Passwords: Discussion on how to defeat the **password or Security Chip on thinkpads specifically or lenovo/IBM branded computers in general will NOT be allowed." Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the other rules before your next post:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14339
X1E Gen 4 · X1T 3rd Gen · W520 · Legacy: P52, T60p, X61T, 600X, 770Z
Nostalgic for: 600X PIII 850MHz in a SelectaDock III with 64MB Voodoo 5 5500 and Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1.

Return to “Thinkpad - General HARDWARE/SOFTWARE questions”