Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad E580 for a non-trackpoint user, how do the buttons work with the trackpad?

Performance, hardware, software, general buying and gaming discussion..
oldpaint

ThinkPad E580 for a non-trackpoint user, how do the buttons work with the trackpad?

#1 Post by oldpaint » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm considering buying a ThinkPad E580 and the main issue I am concerned about is that I'm not a trackpoint user. I'm concerned that it will be odd using the trackpad with the trackpad buttons above the trackpad. I am used to the normal configuration where the trackpad buttons are below. I have tried trackpads with integrated buttons and for my needs they fail. Too many accidental shifts of position when clicking the "button".

I have never tried a trackpoint; I can't count on getting to like it, so I am assuming that I'd use the trackpad and it's buttons.

Does anyone here use the trackpad with a unit that has only the trackpad button over the pad? I'm not sure how the fingers would work it out. I have not found any posts, anywhere, on this subject.

Oh - the main reason I'm considering a thinkpad is because of the amazing keyboard...they just make you want to type. The layout is perfect too.