Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Intel SpeedStep and Turbo Boost info

Performance, hardware, software, general buying and gaming discussion..
ThreeIguanasPerSecond
Freshman Member

Intel SpeedStep and Turbo Boost info

#1 Post by ThreeIguanasPerSecond » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:15 pm

if you happen to need some details regarding the inner workings of SpeedStep, you can read it here: https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/SpeedStep. the old writeup was somewhat incorrect so i gave it a touch up.

and here's Turbo Boost: https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Turbo_Boost. i typed out whatever i knew from my head, which might be wrong. but hey, it's better than nothing eh?
send me a PM if you need something added or changed in the ThinkWiki, i might not be active all the time so please be patient
"There is always you can not think of the low price." - JD.com

dr_st
Admin
Admin

Re: Intel SpeedStep and Turbo Boost info

#2 Post by dr_st » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:45 pm

It's good that you are working on keeping the Thinkwiki alive and expand it with fresh content. :thumbs-UP: I had put some time in the past in touching up existing articles, but could never find the resources to make big contributions. :(
Thinkpad 25 (20K7), T490 (20N3), Yoga 14 (20FY), T430s (IPS FHD + Classic Keyboard), X220 4291-4BG
X61 7673-V2V, T60 2007-QPG, T42 2373-F7G, X32 (IPS Screen), A31p w/ Ultrabay Numpad

zoltan87

Re: Intel SpeedStep and Turbo Boost info

#3 Post by zoltan87 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 pm

I have spent quite a of time on ThinkWiki, and still use it from time to time. An extremely helpful resource to look up most things Thinkpad. So huge thanks to people like you, who contribute their time for this project.
Thinkpad T60, 15" Flexview, with mods (Xiphmont's LED mod, T500 heatsink, cpu undervolt, reinforced frame)
Thinkpad T601, 15" Flexview, with mods (Xiphmont's LED mod, T500 heatsink, cpu undervolt, reinforced frame)
Thinkpad X32
Thinkpad T22
NEC ProSpeed SX/20