Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Genuine Battery Not Supported

Performance, hardware, software, general buying and gaming discussion..
Shisui2010

ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Genuine Battery Not Supported

#1 Post by Shisui2010 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:34 am

I got a genuine Lenovo battery for my ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 notebook from Encompass, model number 20QTS00W00. 5B10W13953 is the genuine battery part number. However, the computer fails to identify this real battery and displays "The system does not support the installed battery, so it cannot be charged. Use the proper Lenovo battery for this system to replace the current one."

My original battery has been completely depleted. My original battery can be detected when I insert it, but it cannot be charged.

The battery, in my opinion, is the issue. According to Encompass, the only battery that works with my laptop is the authentic one. And the warranty on my computer is up.

dr_st
Admin
Admin

Re: ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Genuine Battery Not Supported

#2 Post by dr_st » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:54 am

Welcome to the forum. :)

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your new battery.

There are a few things to check:
  • Did the battery come in a Lenovo-branded box with warranty / instructions paperwork?
  • Does the serial number printed on the battery match what is detected by battery monitor programs? If Lenovo's tools (Vantage) fail to detect the battery completely, perhaps tools like BatteryInfoView still can.
  • Assuming both things above check out (which indicates the battery is original), then the conclusion would be it is somehow faulty, and Encompass should replace it.
  • If the computer is still in warranty - perhaps the battery itself is too? These are sometimes shorter than the warranty on the laptop itself, but I would check. If it is in warranty, Lenovo should replace it free of charge.
Good luck!
Thinkpad 25 (20K7), T490 (20N3), Yoga 14 (20FY), T430s (IPS FHD + Classic Keyboard), X220 4291-4BG
X61 7673-V2V, T60 2007-QPG, T42 2373-F7G, X32 (IPS Screen), A31p w/ Ultrabay Numpad