I've recently wiped Windows off my Thinkpad T42 and replaced it with Intrepid. Not too happy just yet about how it runs, here's why (I don't want to start a thread for every problem, should I?):
- Fan is always on. I installed tpfand to adjust fan toggle temperatures but it seems my CPU is much hotter than in Windows XP.
- Related to that, how can I enable the CPU's power saving mode. Now the battery will drain in 3 hours; in Windows the max was 5 or 6.
- Center button does not work. In Firefox it will perform a middle click (close tab, open link in new tab), but its scrolling function does not do anything.
- Harddrive advanced protection system (HDASP) does not seem to work.
- I would like to have my bluetooth and wireless toggle buttons separated instead of concentrated on one button. I want to know what I disable when. Is it possible to make fn-F6 disable bluetooth only and fn-F5 wireless only?
Trust you are talking about the Linux Intrepid distribution?
Perhaps you would have more response from folks in our Linux forum, at:
Current Thinkpads: X1E1 | X1C4 | X1C3 | X250 | X230 | T410
Retired Thinkpads: T42 | 560 (circa 1996)
~~IBM Thinkpad era computer bag !
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests