I've recently wiped Windows off my Thinkpad T42 and replaced it with Intrepid. Not too happy just yet about how it runs, here's why (I don't want to start a thread for every problem, should I?):
- Fan is always on. I installed tpfand to adjust fan toggle temperatures but it seems my CPU is much hotter than in Windows XP.
- Related to that, how can I enable the CPU's power saving mode. Now the battery will drain in 3 hours; in Windows the max was 5 or 6.
- Center button does not work. In Firefox it will perform a middle click (close tab, open link in new tab), but its scrolling function does not do anything.
- Harddrive advanced protection system (HDASP) does not seem to work.
- I would like to have my bluetooth and wireless toggle buttons separated instead of concentrated on one button. I want to know what I disable when. Is it possible to make fn-F6 disable bluetooth only and fn-F5 wireless only?
Trust you are talking about the Linux Intrepid distribution?
Perhaps you would have more response from folks in our Linux forum, at:
Current Thinkpads: X1E1 | X1C4 | X1C3 | X250 | X230 | T410
Retired Thinkpads: T42 | 560 (circa 1996)
~~IBM Thinkpad era computer bag !
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 15 Replies
- 1487 Views
Last post by Droider
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:07 pm
Thinkpad X1 Hybrid questions
Last post by topmahof « Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:29 pmReplies: 11
Posted in ThinkPad X1 / X1-Carbon / X1-Extreme and later Seriesby FryPpy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:40 am » in ThinkPad X1 / X1-Carbon / X1-Extreme and later Series
- 11 Replies
- 1675 Views
Last post by topmahof
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:29 pm
- 4 Replies
- 1150 Views
Last post by Goran
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 pm
- 9 Replies
- 1185 Views
Last post by shawross
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:48 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests