Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T41p Windows XP Meetinghouse Installer

T40/T41/T42/T43 Series
JPOESQ
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

T41p Windows XP Meetinghouse Installer

#1 Post by JPOESQ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:55 pm

I searched before posting and have not found an answer to my question. What is "meetinghouse installer"? I just restored an old T41p with the Windows XP Pro factory recovery CDs for the 3rd time, and I am in the process of removing bloatware. When I remove "meetinghouse installer", I lose Fn-F5 functionality and receive a message telling me that the wireless driver is not installed.

I am unable to find any relationship between the wireless adapter and "meetinghouse installer". Prior to removing this program, I removed Access Connections and everything still runs just fine with Windows XP managing the wireless adapter. But, once I remove "meetinghouse installer" everything goes down the drain and I have to recover the system.

What is this mysterious program called "meetinghouse installer"?
John P. O'Banion, JD, PE, BSEE
Registered Patent Attorney
http://www.intellectual.com

X220 (McDonnell bios), X230 (1vyrain bios), T530 (1vyrain bios), X1 Carbon 5th Signature Edition

RUNDEN

Re: T41p Windows XP Meetinghouse Installer

#2 Post by RUNDEN » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:16 pm

If you're still wondering what it could be, some research tells me that it is from Meetinghouse Data Communications Inc, who appear to have supplied the software for the AEGIS network security solution for the thinkpad.
It is installed with the network drivers, so I guess that the drivers need it to be installed to function.
Daily drivers:
T61: Core 2 Duo T7500, 4GB, NVS 140M
W520: Core i7 2670QM, 8GB, Quadro 2000M
T41: Pentium M 745, 1GB, Radeon Mobility 7500

Rest in pieces:
R40e (dead hdd controller)
T43 (Smashed by ex)