Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

What batteries did you use recellers?

T40/T41/T42/T43 Series
Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

What batteries did you use recellers?

#1 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm doing a recell on my T4x battery which I got open without killing it :) . I just want the answer to this, I know about the risks, dangers and other misc. I can get anywhere from 2200mah to 3500mah batteries. I thought 3500mah would be cool because it would mean a 6 cell with 9 cell battery life.
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

wujstefan
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: What batteries did you use recellers?

#2 Post by wujstefan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:52 am

Isn't it just better to get a nice working genuine battery? They have surprisingly long livespan. I personally own at least 5 good working batteries for T4x/R5x units.
Too many thinkpads not enough time!
(stable under reduction)

Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#3 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 am

wujstefan wrote:Isn't it just better to get a nice working genuine battery? They have surprisingly long livespan. I personally own at least 5 good working batteries for T4x/R5x units.
I do have a working battery that will hold an hour but finding those will get harder and harder. Also, imagine a 7200mah 6 cell that has the same capacity as a 9 cell. 2400mah isnt the standard anymore and 8 hrs on a recelled 9 cell is possible now. Once all the remaining working ones die, then what.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

w0qj
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#4 Post by w0qj » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:53 am

We had similar experience (we used a non-OEM brand instead of receller), but here's our cent:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=123658&p=799649&hi ... ry#p799649

Summary of above (previous) posting:
We have a T410 laptop, and from our experience we will stick with official Lenovo batteries going forward.

We once tried a 9-cell non-Lenovo battery (ie: not made by Lenovo), and it died quite quickly.

To add insult to injury, our original (older) 6-cell Lenovo battery was still working, long after our newer non-Lenovo (not made by Lenovo) 9-cell battery had long since died !
(The older 6-cell Lenovo battery was abused due to non-use; we left it permanently in a completely discharged state for months at a time).

Again, from our experience we will stick with official Lenovo batteries going forward.

[In case you are interested, our T410 is currently working on a newly bought Lenovo branded 6-cell battery].

(Disclaimer: we are fellow Thinkpad users; we do not work for Lenovo).
Daily Driver: (X1E3) X1 Extreme 3rd Gen | mobile broadband (WWAN)
Current Thinkpads: X1E3 | X1E1 | X1C10 | X1C9 | X1C4 | X1C3 | X230
Retired Thinkpads: X250 | T410 | T42 | 560 (circa 1996)