Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

My first Lenovo (but my not first Thinkpad)

LARGE picture files allowed here. Those with slow connections, beware!!! do NOT go here on your PDA or Cell Phone!
DaKKS

My first Lenovo (but my not first Thinkpad)

#1 Post by DaKKS » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 pm

EDIT 01-11-12: Sold it to a friend. Going with something else instead. Looking into a T400/R400 atm

Picked up my X200 not to long ago, threw in an SSD and some spare ram I had (4GB). (The half witted moron of a Lenovo employee that decided to ship thing thing with 2gb ram and Vista should be shot.)

Let me present to you The Lenovo Thinkpad X200 (Swedish Armed Forces Edition) <- That's just a fancy way of saying it had a cool SSD with built in encryption, which, of course, I wasn't allowed to keep. Possible security risk *muttering*paranoid buggers*muttering*

Anyway, currently running off an OCZ Vertex I stole from my macbook.

Pardon the quality, took it with my phone. I have a digital camera allergy...

And finally the famous Thinkpad logo.

My battery is shot to hell though, 54% wear. But then again, that does tend to happen when you run it 24/7... Haven't decided on a Lenovo 9 cell or a chinese 12 cell yet. Probably going with the former.
Gonna swap out the keyboard for english/hebrew if I can find one, or just go with layout stickers.

Cheers

jayton4

Re: My first Lenovo (but my not first Thinkpad)

#2 Post by jayton4 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:46 pm

I have an R400 as my shop computer and that thing is bullet proof. My last shop computer was my 390X and it lasted me 13 years (6 years of those being shop use). I think the R400 will easily give me that and maybe more.

All of the PCs that are 3-4 years old like that will have original batteries that are shot.
jayton4
Current models/upgrades:
T410 2518X01- 8GB, Corsair Force GT 120GB
T410s 2901A3U- 8GB, Intel 6300 WiFi, Crucial m4 256GB w/ mSATA>microSATA adapter
T420s 4174PPU- 16GB, Intel 520 180GB, Crucial M550 512GB mSATA, Intel 6300 WiFi
and a stack of classics in storage

DaKKS

Re: My first Lenovo (but my not first Thinkpad)

#3 Post by DaKKS » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:36 am

jayton4 wrote:I have an R400 as my shop computer and that thing is bullet proof. My last shop computer was my 390X and it lasted me 13 years (6 years of those being shop use). I think the R400 will easily give me that and maybe more.

All of the PCs that are 3-4 years old like that will have original batteries that are shot.
Oh the good ol' 390X... Those memories. Good times....

I was actually considering a R400, but I found a splendid deal on for an X201 with warranty until 2014, so I nabbed it immediately.