Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad Carrying Bags

LARGE picture files allowed here. Those with slow connections, beware!!! do NOT go here on your PDA or Cell Phone!
gfuller
Freshman Member

ThinkPad Carrying Bags

#1 Post by gfuller » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:34 am

I thought I'd share this here... since it is ThinkPad-related. :wink:

This is a (fake) leather carrying bag which I received as a present from my parents back when I was in the sixth/seventh grade. I had a small Acer AspireOne netbook and I was always a little skeptical of carrying it in a non-padded backpack. They picked this bag up at a local second-hand resale shop.

I've dated it back to the late-1990s, as it predates the logo which IBM used in the early-2000s that was transformed into what Lenovo still uses today. It was in immaculate condition when I received it. But, of course, it has been in near-continuous use since I received it - carrying everything from the netbook to papers to (what it carries now) a ThinkPad T420. Currently, the leather is starting to tear (especially on the carrying strap) because of the day-to-day wear and tear it sees. It also is carried through the rain fairly often.

The only ThinkPad marking is on the information/contact info tag. The only other markings is who made it (PORT of Norwalk, CT) and the patent number.

Anyone else have any ThinkPad bags/totes they'd like to share?

ThinkPads: T420, T42