ThinkPad Carrying Bags

LARGE picture files allowed here. Those with slow connections, beware!!! do NOT go here on your PDA or Cell Phone!
gfuller

ThinkPad Carrying Bags

#1 Post by gfuller » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:34 am

I thought I'd share this here... since it is ThinkPad-related. :wink:

This is a (fake) leather carrying bag which I received as a present from my parents back when I was in the sixth/seventh grade. I had a small Acer AspireOne netbook and I was always a little skeptical of carrying it in a non-padded backpack. They picked this bag up at a local second-hand resale shop.

I've dated it back to the late-1990s, as it predates the logo which IBM used in the early-2000s that was transformed into what Lenovo still uses today. It was in immaculate condition when I received it. But, of course, it has been in near-continuous use since I received it - carrying everything from the netbook to papers to (what it carries now) a ThinkPad T420. Currently, the leather is starting to tear (especially on the carrying strap) because of the day-to-day wear and tear it sees. It also is carried through the rain fairly often.

The only ThinkPad marking is on the information/contact info tag. The only other markings is who made it (PORT of Norwalk, CT) and the patent number.

Anyone else have any ThinkPad bags/totes they'd like to share?

ThinkPads: T420