Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T500 led mod result

LARGE picture files allowed here. Those with slow connections, beware!!! do NOT go here on your PDA or Cell Phone!
TPFanatic
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

T500 led mod result

#1 Post by TPFanatic » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Earlier this season I acquired an LED conversion kit from China on eBay.

This is the result on my T500's LP154WU1-TLC2. Visible is the typical strange reflections occurring in the lower left to middle of the display, and the right third of the display is dimmer.

Looking back at the listing, if this picture indicates the correct orientation of the LED strip, I seem to have installed mine sideways (I installed mine with the LEDs facing up). :|

If repeating this mod, know the best method to removing the CCFL tube is to cut its wires, leaving them inside the display, and pull the tube out. It may help to have prior experience disassembling an LCD of this type.

In conclusion is it worth it? I may have put it together incorrectly. The screen is no brighter than before, the brightness is uneven, pressure on the lower edge of the LCD turns off the Wireless light, and the T500's lid is an overengineered b! to take apart. I do not recommend.