Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

My collection

LARGE picture files allowed here. Those with slow connections, beware!!! do NOT go here on your PDA or Cell Phone!
mac140

My collection

#1 Post by mac140 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Hello! I'm new here. I bought my first ThinkPad T23 yesterday and i loved it! I read very much good opinions about these computers and everything was true! Probably i will buy a T43 in the near future. So, here is my collection:
From left: Siemens-Nixdorf PCD-4ND with german windows 95, IBM ThinkPad T23, Nokia 9300i and in front of notebook's Samsung i900 Omnia and HTC P3300.
I hope my english is good enough...
IBM T23 2647-4MG Pentium III 1,13 Ghz, 256 Mb RAM, 6Gb HDD, DVD-RW, Bluetooth 2.1 USB, Win XP Professional SP 2(Custom Configuration)

virge

Re: My collection

#2 Post by virge » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:35 am

Welcome to the forum! The T23 is a classic in terms of Thinkpad design and quality. I like the desktop you're using on it too. I had the same one for quite some time on my since retired T42p.
Current Thinkpads: 600E, 600X, 701C, A31 (Flexview), R51 (Flexview), R60, T42P (Flexview), TR50E, T60 (Flexview), X61s (Ultralight), Z61m (Ti) Non-Thinkpad: Toshiba 100ct

ssd_thinkpad

Re: My collection

#3 Post by ssd_thinkpad » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:04 am

The bezel of the T23 is so thin, it looks very nice. Full size keyboard and a perfect display size ratio.

The mechanical siemens trackpoint reminds me of good old times. The newest lenovo tablet has also a trackpoint like this, but this new trackpoint is optical, not mechanical. Like the iPod where the first edition had the real rolling wheel where the next generation only had a touchwheel.

You see the big difference in generations between both notebooks. You could put the newest thinkpads in this bezel to actual notebook size line where the smaller the bezel the better: First Siemens > actual widescreen notebooks > T23 looks the best:)