PM an admin or moderator.
2. Every time I fail to operate the PC for more than 5 minutes, it automatically shuts down. How can I lengthen that time to forever?
3. Every time I click on the start-up button, it asks me for my password. I'm the only person using this PC, so how can I avoid having to type in the password every time?
- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
1. Take pictures of the unit and post them here. High-res photos should be posted as links and not embedded as images. Take close-up shots of every label and written markings on the unit.
2. Run dxdiag and post a screenshot of the main window.
3. Run hardware info software like CPU-Z, System Information Viewer, etc. and post screenshots.
As for #2, check the Power settings in Control Panel. The laptop may be set to go to sleep after 5 minutes. Adjust as necessary.
As for #3, do you mean the Windows Start button at the lower left corner of the screen? It shouldn't do that. It's possible that Malicious software is lurking in the computer.
Backup: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
- Admin Emeritus
- Posts: 19604
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:17 am
- Location: Mt. Cobb, PA
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests