Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Moderators & Censorship

Got a question or suggestion about the forum? Ask or comment here, or
PM an admin or moderator.
Boten

Moderators & Censorship

#1 Post by Boten » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:32 am

I've been really disapointed by the moderation staff of this forum.

I've posted a thread regarding the X220 touchpad tweaking & after so many researches i found a really useful solution that i shared with the community members in here thinking that it might help peoples who already own the x220 and don't like the original touchpad.

Unfortunately this message has been deleted by the mods or admins from this board without any warning by PM or in the thread itself.

WHY ?

One of the community members got into my topic to criticise my solution since i've stated that there was nearly an 80% improvements (way of talking) with the touchpad of the Thinkpad X220.. this member seemed to be happy with his touchpad so i didn't really get why he got involved in my TOPIC ? My topic concerns the members who have problems with their touchpads not the ones who are happy with it or who are using the trackpoint instead and i've been really clear about it.

The moderators staff should really reconsider their action with this type of situation.

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Moderators & Censorship

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:50 pm

Your post was reported as a possible spam.
Also, you are not the first one to come up with that specific company's solution.
And just applying a new skin over the old one because you can't get the old one off, does not exactly show craftsmanship...
Boten wrote:this member seemed to be happy with his touchpad so i didn't really get why he got involved in my TOPIC
Also, this is not YOUR topic, you are "only" the starter of it, the topic now belongs to the Forum, for all to see.
Finally,what business is it of yours, to criticize someone else's posting?

rkawakami
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by rkawakami » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:51 pm

I wasn't the one to move your thread but I think I might be able to explain why. A relatively new member with a low post count (that's you), who posts what could be considered an advertisement for some commercial product (aka, spam), and then who responds to another member's comment with a "snarky" attitude (e.g., paraphrased: "why are you looking at this thread when it doesn't concern you?"), will raise flags among the mod and admin staff here. I don't know if it would have mattered but If you hadn't left that note then maybe the thread would have been left alone. When I signed on last night I saw that your thread had a "Report this post" notice attached. A member thought it might have been spam so he/she reported it. I looked at the thread and decided it didn't fit my definition of spam so I let it stand.
Ray Kawakami
X22 X24 X31 X41 X41T X60 X60s X61 X61s X200 X200s X300 X301 Z60m Z61t Z61p 560 560Z 600 600E 600X T21 T22 T23 T41 T60p T410 T420 T520 W500 W520 R50 A21p A22p A31 A31p
NOTE: All links to PC-Doctor software hosted by me are dead. Files removed 8/28/12 by manufacturer's demand.

Boten

#4 Post by Boten » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:04 pm

RealBlackStuff wrote:Your post was reported as a possible spam.
Also, you are not the first one to come up with that specific company's solution.
And just applying a new skin over the old one because you can't get the old one off, does not exactly show craftsmanship...
Boten wrote:this member seemed to be happy with his touchpad so i didn't really get why he got involved in my TOPIC
Also, this is not YOUR topic, you are "only" the starter of it, the topic now belongs to the Forum, for all to see.
Finally,what business is it of yours, to criticize someone else's posting?
Small things does make a difference my dear and you don't need to be an engineer to have great ideas!

End of conversation for me.
rkawakami wrote:I wasn't the one to move your thread but I think I might be able to explain why. A relatively new member with a low post count (that's you), who posts what could be considered an advertisement for some commercial product (aka, spam), and then who responds to another member's comment with a "snarky" attitude (e.g., paraphrased: "why are you looking at this thread when it doesn't concern you?"), will raise flags among the mod and admin staff here. I don't know if it would have mattered but If you hadn't left that note then maybe the thread would have been left alone. When I signed on last night I saw that your thread had a "Report this post" notice attached. A member thought it might have been spam so he/she reported it. I looked at the thread and decided it didn't fit my definition of spam so I let it stand.
Thanks for your explanation it's much much clearer now.

All the best.

Return to “Forum Notices, Questions and Suggestions”