Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

M58P ATM Mode

IBM or Lenovo Desktops, Workstations, ThinkStations, etc. Recent vintage, hardware/software..
zackmuc

M58P ATM Mode

#1 Post by zackmuc » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello,

i enabled the ATM mode of my M58p 9665 for testing. Everything works ok, now i can start it via Webinterface if Computer is switched off or in sleep mode. The only thing i realized, if computer is off it automatically switches on and off for short time every few minutes. I can here it because the fan is starting loud and then again immediately the computer is switched off. Why is this happening. How can i stop this?

regards Zack

alitahriki

Re: M58P ATM Mode

#2 Post by alitahriki » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:31 pm

what is atm mode? i had no luck on google

qu13tryan

#3 Post by qu13tryan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Im not familiar with the atm mode your talking about either. Any clarification zackmuc ? (edit) After searching I see its a networking or LAN thing... Did you check for drivers on Lenovo's website?

However, I am experiencing the same behavior your speaking of while only in sleep mode. I have a M58P 7483 it also wakes or does a power cycle or self test every 10-15 mins it seems while sleeping (Win7 sleep mode). If the PC is shut down or off the PC stays off.

I have tried all kinds of things Updated BIOS, Updated disc drivers (thought HDD was waking), Disabled Wake on LAN in the BIOS, Disabled any wake on timers. made sure any devices were not waking the pc etc....

Seems odd and unhealthy for the PC to partially wake every so often. Whats even more odd is the monitor does not come out of sleep mode during this. But only when I wake the computer with the keyboard or mouse the monitor and tower comes fully awake.

Hope someone here may have some answers or help!

qu13tryan

#4 Post by qu13tryan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:50 am

I see this is a slightly old post but, if anyone is still reading this I have more clarification on my own pc problem.

My PC is almost doing like a self test or booting what only sounds like the HDD and the DVD RW drive then turning right back off... the monitor does not wake. The tower is silent for around 10-12 minutes.... tests again ... this repeats over and over until I wake the PC with my mouse or keyboard. its almost as if its keeping the session for Windows it seems? Seems like odd behavior yet im beginning to wonder if this is how Lenovo designed this M58p SFF tower to work. This is a 2010 model pc by the way...

I also checked my devices that are able to wake the computer by using a command prompt ie. powercfg. and my keyboard and mouse are the only 2 devices able to wake the PC. Any other ideas? Anyone still using a M58 or M57 still around here?

qu13tryan

#5 Post by qu13tryan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Im almost wondering if this is a Windows 7 problem... What desktop checks for a disc in the DVDRom drive every 10 or so mins while in sleep mode? Again this does not wake the tower or monitor just the DVDRom and maybe the HDD. Just odd... and it seems like theres no help on this issue anywhere that I have searched. Any help?

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

#6 Post by RealBlackStuff » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:26 am

This stuff is called AMT (Active Management Technology ), not ATM (Automated Teller Machine)!
Wake-On-Lan (WOL) enabled perhaps (in the BIOS)? Switch it off.
Done all the proper updates? http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/researc ... MIGR-70942
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine