- Senior Member
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:47 am
- Location: New Alexandria, Pennsylvania
Not sure what gen the ThinkCentre M82 Core i3 it has, but was wondering if a 7th gen would work and if they kept all the i series the same socket sets now with processors today. Would like to put in a i7.
- Posts: 1626
- Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:08 pm
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
CPUZ is a good tool.
Every 1-2 generation Intel have been changing sockets. On top of that there's a switch to DDR4 RAM too.
- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2002
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Backup: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest