Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Keyboard Backlight Control Utility

Forum for scripts, utilities like TPFanControl, IBM-ECW, 2-finger scrolling, etc.
mmarzinc

Keyboard Backlight Control Utility

#1 Post by mmarzinc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:07 pm

I would like to control the backlight to my x230 keyboard using a windows utility. I know that this can be done in linux, and I know that the thinklight can be controlled in windows using this utility by Arkadiusz.

The source code for this utility is here: http://arkadiusz.wahlig.eu/download/thinklightlib.zip

If I manually turn on the keyboard backlight with "Fn+Space", the ThinkLight.exe utility will turn the backlight off when it turns on the ThinkLight. I can't imagine it should be that hard to adapt the utility to turn on the keyboard backlight instead of the thinklight, but I simply do not know enough about programming to do this. Can anyone help me develop this? Thank you!

My ultimate goal is to make a utility that illuminates the keyboard automatically after sunset and then stops when the sun rises. I already have that portion down with respect to the thinklight using Arkadiusz's utility. I just want to do the same while utilizing the keyboard backlight.