Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

New tool for configuring the TrackPoint under Linux!

Forum for scripts, utilities like TPFanControl, IBM-ECW, 2-finger scrolling, etc.
Thedarkb

New tool for configuring the TrackPoint under Linux!

#1 Post by Thedarkb » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:41 pm

Basically, this tool creates and runs a SystemD script to write custom speed and sensitivity settings to your TrackPoint in SysFS on Linux. This allows for a larger range of adjustment of sensitivity and speed than is provided by the standard mouse and keyboard configuration tools on Linux. If your TrackPoint feels sluggish, this is the tool for you.

So far it's been tested on a ThinkPad X40, X61s, T60, R60 and X200 with great success. I personally recommend the speed be set at 255 and the sensitivity at 175 for best results in most use cases.

At the moment I only have a 32 bit build available but a 64 bit build should be here in the coming days. If you wish to build it yourself for your 64 bit system, the source is available on GitHub here. The 32 bit build is available in binary form here. It should have all of the dependencies statically linked but tell me if you have any problems. Unfortunately, in order to write the script to correct directory and to tell SystemD to run it, the application must be run as root.
Wanted: 14" T60 SXGA+ panel
For sale: Z60m

Utwig

Re: New tool for configuring the TrackPoint under Linux!

#2 Post by Utwig » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:49 am

I have some weird issue on my dedicated Linux Thinkpad (T420s) but I will try this out once I sort them out.
T540p, T420s, T400, R61, X61t, T60p, T42p, A21p