Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T30 Screen replacement

T20-T23 Series and T30. NOT for T25-Retro.
4evermetalhead(2)

T30 Screen replacement

#1 Post by 4evermetalhead(2) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello all,

First of all i would like to apologise to webmasters of the forum as i had to create second profile to the forum due to i forgot my password AND the email i used to create the first account.?!? :??:

Well anyway, the main point/issue of this topic is the T30 screen.
The problem with the screen that im having is the most simple one and the most expensive so far.
YES its broken. And on top of that this T30 is not mine and yes i broke it. :cry:

So i have been on the web for almost 6 hours trying to find a replacement in a good price.
I found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Thinkpad-T3 ... fresh=true

is this any good?

As i said this T30 is not mine and i would need the real deal. The one that is currently installed is a Hitachi part# TX36D37VC1CAA and on a document i found about the screen says:
LCD panel 14.1-in. XGA (LG) 11P8222. LCD panel 14.1-in. XGA (SAMSUNG) 11P8272.
LCD panel 14.1-in. XGA (SAMSUNG) 150nit 11P8294. LCD panel 14.1-in. XGA (LG) 150nit 11P8293.
So what to choose? All of them so far i found from sites that deal with screens or computer components in general and had the above screens where like 130$ the cheapest. Plus shipping that sure would be 20-30-40 something around there.

So if anyone can help me out it would be awesome. :help:

Thanks,
MetalHead.

Thinkpad Lover
BANNED

Re: T30 Screen replacement

#2 Post by Thinkpad Lover » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Welcome (back) to the Forum :)

What brings you back to our neck of the woods? Oh, I see, you busted (someone else's) T30 screen :eek: . Well, these things happen LOL.

Where are you located? Depending on your location, feedback and references, I might be able to help you...

How much experience do you have opening up Thinkpads, and T30's in general? I know you didn't have permission to break this other person's T30, but do you have permission to fix it?

If you have limited experience working on these, follow the Hardware Maintenance Manual here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail. ... MIGR-42308

As you can see from the February 2003 title on that HMM, this is a 9-year old laptop, still going strong. Really, it's one of my faves. Built like a tank. Don't know why some people on this Forum put it down. For its time, it was a great laptop, a true Classic member of the Thinkpad line.

It is much easier to switch over an entire LCD assembly than trying to open up and change out the LCD panel. That's a tricky and delicate task and, if you're not careful, you can damage the screen or at the least crack a tiny clip on the bezel and it will not snap in neatly and nicely.
As i said this T30 is not mine and i would need the real deal.
I have an entire XGA (1024x768) Genuine I.B.M. entire T30 LCD assembly and an SXGA+ (1400x1050, high-resolution) Genuine I.B.M. entire T30 LCD assembly available. Plug and play, in other words, the real deal. Don't go to Ebay for screens of any sort. I don't have time for my usual 1 hour anti-"Fleece-Bay" lecture and warning, but let's just say you may end up with the wrong part, getting ripped off, or a major headache. You can check my listing here:

FS: Memory,Drives,Docks,KB,WIFI,Battery,AC,SXGA+ LCD: http://forums.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=97374

Scroll down nearly to the end (of the first post) and you will find "the real deal," complete T30 screens at a great price.

Any questions feel free to email me (see signature below).

Daniel.
240, 380Z, 390X, 570E, 600x, 701C("The ButterFly"), 770, A20...22,31, G40,41,
R32,40,50,51,52, R60,61, SL410/510,T20...23,30,40...43, T60p UXGA,T61,T400,
TransNote, X20..24,31,40,X41T,X60,61,X60/61T, Z61t, W500

No PM's please. MY email [tigerinspring1@aol.com]

4evermetalhead(2)

Re: T30 Screen replacement

#3 Post by 4evermetalhead(2) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 am

Thinkpad Lover wrote:Welcome (back) to the Forum :)

What brings you back to our neck of the woods? Oh, I see, you busted (someone else's) T30 screen :eek: . Well, these things happen LOL.

Where are you located? Depending on your location, feedback and references, I might be able to help you...

How much experience do you have opening up Thinkpads, and T30's in general? I know you didn't have permission to break this other person's T30, but do you have permission to fix it?

If you have limited experience working on these, follow the Hardware Maintenance Manual here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail. ... MIGR-42308

As you can see from the February 2003 title on that HMM, this is a 9-year old laptop, still going strong. Really, it's one of my faves. Built like a tank. Don't know why some people on this Forum put it down. For its time, it was a great laptop, a true Classic member of the Thinkpad line.

It is much easier to switch over an entire LCD assembly than trying to open up and change out the LCD panel. That's a tricky and delicate task and, if you're not careful, you can damage the screen or at the least crack a tiny clip on the bezel and it will not snap in neatly and nicely.

I have an entire XGA (1024x768) Genuine I.B.M. entire T30 LCD assembly and an SXGA+ (1400x1050, high-resolution) Genuine I.B.M. entire T30 LCD assembly available. Plug and play, in other words, the real deal. Don't go to Ebay for screens of any sort. I don't have time for my usual 1 hour anti-"Fleece-Bay" lecture and warning, but let's just say you may end up with the wrong part, getting ripped off, or a major headache. You can check my listing here:

FS: Memory,Drives,Docks,KB,WIFI,Battery,AC,SXGA+ LCD: http://forums.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=97374

Scroll down nearly to the end (of the first post) and you will find "the real deal," complete T30 screens at a great price.

Any questions feel free to email me (see signature below).

Daniel.
Hi Daniel.
Thanks for the reply.
Email on the way. :thumbs-UP: :thumbs-UP: :bow:

The metalhead.