Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T23 and Windows 95

T20-T23 Series and T30. NOT for T25-Retro.
Edward Mendelson
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

T23 and Windows 95

#1 Post by Edward Mendelson » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:52 pm

Following the advice of the admirable RealBlackStuff (through this forum) I bought a very nice and inexpensive T23 to use as a testbed. I'm slowly installing various Windows versions, and started with Windows 95 OSR2.5 with USB supplement, which I know was never supported on the T23 and may never work perfectly. I've got it mostly working, with these exceptions, and I wonder if anyone here can help:

1. In the device manager, all three items under Hard Disk Controllers have yellow warning icons: "Standard Bus Mastering IDE Hard Disk Controller" (two of these) and "Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller." Both "Standard Bus Mastering" items show no resource conflict. But the "Standard Dual" item says "This device is causing a resource conflict" and the Resources tab shows multiple conflicts with the two "Standard Dual" items.

2. I found Win95 drivers for the built-in network card, but the resources show conflicts with "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" and these can't be resolved by scrolling up and down the possible manual settings.

3. There's an unknown device labeled PCI Card in the device manager.

Any thoughts about what to do about any of these will be gratefully received.