Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Windows 98SE on a T23 - one problem

T20-T23 Series and T30. NOT for T25-Retro.
Edward Mendelson
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

Windows 98SE on a T23 - one problem

#1 Post by Edward Mendelson » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:15 pm

I've been trying to get Windows 98 installed correctly on my new/old T23, and this post was very helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=130342&p=850089&hilit=t23#p850089

I followed the procedure exactly (I think) and got it installed with APM support, but I've still got a resource conflict in the Hard Disk Controllers. That message says to install the "chipset - supplemental file" - but I'm not clear exactly which file that is.

I tried installing the Intel chipset utility for the 830MP chipset, which seemed to help (it removed an "Unknown Device") but didn't resolve the conflict.

Can anyone spell out exactly which file to use (and how to install it) to get the hard disk controller sorted out, I'll be grateful. I suspect the exact sequence may help.

Also, earlier in that thread wujstafan reported that he got everything installed via a recovery disk. I sent him a pm to ask for the supplemental file ISO that he mentioned, but if anyone can point to a copy of it, I'll be grateful for that too.

Edward Mendelson
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

Re: Windows 98SE on a T23 - one problem

#2 Post by Edward Mendelson » Fri May 07, 2021 10:32 am