Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Can't install hotkey OSD on windows 7 T61.

T60/T61 Series
RoafBeast

Can't install hotkey OSD on windows 7 T61.

#1 Post by RoafBeast » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:16 pm

I installed windows 7 64 bit again and now I can't install the hotkey OSD. At first I used the Lenovo system update and it didn't work. I restored to before installing anything and tried manual installation and still nothing. I also tried older versions. I get "An error occurred while copying file shtctky.dll. Cannot copy file to destination directory."

It's driving me crazy. Before formatting it worked fine. After that it won't install. I haven't changed anything in the bios (not the middleton bios). I tried following exactly what I did the first time but still nothing.

wujstefan
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: Can't install hotkey OSD on windows 7 T61.

#2 Post by wujstefan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 am

Dp me a PM; I've fought this thing some while ago and do have a working version of OSD for W7.

EDIT:
@Annecy: if you wish to get any response via PM, please enable PM receipt first ;)
Too many thinkpads not enough time!
(stable under reduction)

hughmungus

Re: Can't install hotkey OSD on windows 7 T61.

#3 Post by hughmungus » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:06 am

I've had the same problem with Windows 7 on my T60 recently. It might be the same problem on a T61, but I don't know.

The latest version of the OSD program (Hotkey Features Integration) is installed from an app called "8jvu42ww.exe", but if you download and install this older version, "8jvu23ww.exe", and then reboot your computer, it will work fine.

Source: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T ... -p/1402429