Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

AMD Catalyst Install Manager will not install video card driver on T60

T60/T61 Series
psun9999

AMD Catalyst Install Manager will not install video card driver on T60

#1 Post by psun9999 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:33 am

I am trying to install the video chip driver for my T60 on a new SSD drive that I just obtained. The older SSD that was used by my T60 had a working Windows 7 installation with the video chip driver properly installed and working. However, in the Windows 7 install on my new SSD, the video driver will not install although the Catalyst Install Manager will install properly on the T60.

My T60 is a 2007-7JU type and the AMD Catalyst Install Manager is 3.0.769.0. My new SSD had no other T60 drivers or any other software installed after a fresh install of Windows 7.

Is there a driver or software that needs to be installed before installing the video chip driver?

zoltan87

Re: AMD Catalyst Install Manager will not install video card driver on T60

#2 Post by zoltan87 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Do you have the Ati X1300 or X1400? My thinkpad T60 is equipped with Ati X1400, and after installing Windows 8.1 I had no problem installing the driver for the video card, but if I remember correctly, I had issues with uninstalling the driver. I wanted to try out an other version of it because of the following problem: I remember I had an issue with my screen being switched off on boot ups so I couldn't see anything (had to go to sleep mode, then wake up, then it was fine), until I changed windows settings: I had to disable "quick boot-up" or whatever that option is called in Windows control panel. Since then everything is working perfect. Then again, my experience is with Win 8.1 (64 bit).
Thinkpad T60, 15" Flexview, with mods (Xiphmont's LED mod, T500 heatsink, cpu undervolt, reinforced frame)
Thinkpad T601, 15" Flexview, with mods (Xiphmont's LED mod, T500 heatsink, cpu undervolt, reinforced frame)
Thinkpad X32
Thinkpad T22
NEC ProSpeed SX/20