Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T61 was just display issues Pink instead of white now worse

T60/T61 Series
n2ri
Sophomore Member

T61 was just display issues Pink instead of white now worse

#1 Post by n2ri » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:12 pm

replaced my display twice with same issue plus display inverter and external display had no Pink issue. after 2nd display with new inverter it went black a min or so after checking so I done hard power down and restarted but display never lit and now laptop seems to do a false start never finishing reboot, fan spins a couple seconds LEDs blink HDD light flashes on then off HDD sounds like spinning slow with ear next to it but everything else is dead and never changes or even lights external monitor. can only hard shutdown battery shows charge light when PSU plugged in. I openned it up and went through everything to see if I done something or knocked anything loose but nothing. what can be wrong with it?
if GPU went totaly for some reason would that cause this? it dont even beep during on/off cycles anymore. hate to abondon the unit its been my main goto for years and got lots on it to run most my stuff be a [censored] to reload/install on dif Thinkpad but not gonna keep feeding a dead horse. may have to move up to my W500 or another one since mine has issues with display failing to restart after some fail due to memory overload or something which I have adressed in every way but still happens randomly. could that be due to somebody removing the Turbo Memory card or the WIWAN card?
need help please, Mitch G

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: T61 was just display issues Pink instead of white now worse

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Is that Intel or nVidia?
Did you check the fuses next to the motherboard's LCD-connector?
Did you disconnect battery and charger when you replaced the LCD?
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)

n2ri
Sophomore Member

Re: T61 was just display issues Pink instead of white now worse

#3 Post by n2ri » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Intel label on cover, I think GPU is nvidia though
what fuses dont see any
I always disconnect power and ware ground strap

also if I used a screw that was too long for keyboard hold down could it damage keyboard and cause this faulse start issue? just thinking of anything that may have been different the last reassembly.