I recently picked up a 2009-built 15.4 inch, FX570m 256mb, Penryn native board for ~10 USD at a local store. Ive also got a T601 which recently had a post-2008 NVS 140m crap out, and its just been sitting. From what I understand, these 15.4 boards will fit a 14 inch T60 chassis, however you need to cut your SSD in half, or use an mSATA ssd on a half-height SATA riser card to make it all fit. Also, the ultrabay wont work, so a faceplate from an HDD caddy could be used. This is what Ive read, however most info is old/unclear.
My understanding is:
1) cut roll cage so board fits
2) cut hole in bottom case for card reader (optional?)
3) find a half-height SATA to mSATA solution, or find an SSD that can be cut in half.
4) Fill in hole left by ultrabay
As for cooling, I will be using the W500 heatsink already in the dead T601.
1) Will the batteries fit in correctly still?
2) Does the modem fit with enough roll cage cutting?
3) Does anyone who has done this have photos of how its come out?
T601p (14.1" LED)
T601 (dead, 14.1" LED)
T601 (15" SXGA+ FlexView)
T60p DEMO-2007OVU (15" UXGA FlexView, ATI's prototype machine)
X230 (i7, 16gb RAM, 500 gb SSD, IPS)
P53 (RMAed for dead pixels
- Admin Emeritus
- Posts: 20350
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:17 am
- Location: Dublin, Éire
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests