Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Issues installing T60 bezel, I can see the backlight from an angle

T60/T61 Series
kyletv05

Issues installing T60 bezel, I can see the backlight from an angle

#1 Post by kyletv05 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:54 pm

After installing a new SXGA+ IPS panel for my T60, it's really annoying me. On the right side of the bezel you can actually see the actual light from the CCFL backlight if you look from a specific angle. It seems like the bezel doesn't want to "snap" into the place all the way and is sort of loose. It's extremely annoying and I have no idea why it happens. I snapped the bezel in, the screws went in fine. Is this normal on the T60? I looked at the bezel, doesn't seem like I broke any of the plastic clips.

dr_st
Admin
Admin

Re: Issues installing T60 bezel, I can see the backlight from an angle

#2 Post by dr_st » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:36 am

I assume you are talking about backlight bleeding visible from the inside of the bezel (the side that's facing the screen), not the outside which clips to the lid?

In that area - is the bezel tight with the lid? Do you feel you can separate it easily by prying with your fingernail from the outside? If so, then some clips are not holding properly. They may be broken or not attached.

If it's tight on the outside, but you can still see the backlight bleeding from the inside, the bezel may be warped.
Thinkpad 25 (20K7), T490 (20N3), Yoga 14 (20FY), T430s (IPS FHD + Classic Keyboard), X220 4291-4BG
X61 7673-V2V, T60 2007-QPG, T42 2373-F7G, X32 (IPS Screen), A31p w/ Ultrabay Numpad