Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

IBM Splash Logo on Middleton BIOS

T60/T61 Series
jcdbm

IBM Splash Logo on Middleton BIOS

#1 Post by jcdbm » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi, I'd like to replace the logo on my Windows 10 / Windows XP 32-bit (dual boot) T601's Middleton BIOS with the IBM logo found on the T40 and such, but I wanted to ask how I would go about approaching it so that I don't brick my computer on accident.
I found this thread discussing adding it, but it seems like it is for the stock BIOS provided by IBM and Lenovo, and I have Middleton's BIOS already installed.
I have the Middleton BIOS folder (with Control Function key swap) open, and I see that there is a LOGO.BAT and LOGO.SCR. Would I simply need to run the .BAT file on a 16-color bitmap image file, and use the same #1.iso?
Also, is there a ripped/extracted version of the T40 IBM logo somewhere? I have looked for it and have found a IBM tricolor logo, but I don't know if its from the BIOS and I'd like to exactly replicate a T40 boot screen if possible.
Thanks in advance.

ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge

Re: IBM Splash Logo on Middleton BIOS

#2 Post by ajkula66 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:38 am

I wouldn't go there.

T61 boards never sported the IBM boot logo from what I can recall, and only the very early BIOS versions for T60 did.

Unless you're very experienced with BIOS mods, experiments of this nature are best left alone IMO/IME.

Good luck.
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

FlexView AARP club members:A31p, T43pSF

Abused daily: T520, X200s

PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.