Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T60 to T60P swap - Fan spins then powers off

T60/T61 Series
sniperz47

T60 to T60P swap - Fan spins then powers off

#1 Post by sniperz47 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 am

Hello to all, I have attempted a t60p board swap on a t60 14.1 chassis and I have reached a dead end. When I power on the system the CPU fan spins for a bit then the whole system shuts off. The only way I can get it going for longer is if I pull the ram out, giving me a few beeps but not shutting off.

The seller on eBay listed it in a bulk sale and indicated that the NIC (Ethernet) was dead on it but the board was still functional. I have no intentions of using it on the internet but instead for older games on a 4:3 screen with a bit more horsepower compared to the x1400 board I have. Is the Ethernet to blame for it not turning on? Surely not as mentioned before with no ram it i get the beeps and the fan stays on so it can’t be shorting things out.

Help would gladly be appreciated and if it’s completely dead maybe somebody can hook me up with a working t60p board? At the time of purchase it was literally the only one for sale on eBay AU, US and Germany lol

TLDR: t60p board in t60 doesn’t work, CPU fan spins but turns off. all connectors in place nothing is missing

zoltan87

Re: T60 to T60P swap - Fan spins then powers off

#2 Post by zoltan87 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:58 pm

I have a T60p board that I don't use, and probably won't need it even in the future, as I have a few T61 boards for Frankenpad builds. Problem is, I live in the UK, so the shipping would be crazy expensive. I would recommend you make a WTB (want to buy) post in the Marketplace section of this forum. Good luck!
Thinkpad T60, 15" Flexview, with mods (Xiphmont's LED mod, T500 heatsink, cpu undervolt, reinforced frame)
Thinkpad T601, 15" Flexview, with mods (Xiphmont's LED mod, T500 heatsink, cpu undervolt, reinforced frame)
Thinkpad X32
Thinkpad T22
NEC ProSpeed SX/20

sniperz47

Re: T60 to T60P swap - Fan spins then powers off

#3 Post by sniperz47 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:50 am

Cheers man I’ll do that right away